The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Create a New breed question(s)

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Kalianne
Visit My Farm

Create a New breed question(s)

Post by Kalianne »

You can make new breeds by following the "recipes" in the Breeds Wiki section, right?
You can also make tall or short horses of different breed like tall and small arab horses? Can you only do that with only some breeds but not others?
Can you also create a breed which is not real in real life or listed in the Breeds Wiki?
Like Percheron x Australian Brumby or something else.
I was browsing through the Breeding Communities subforum(?) and these are questions I was thinking about?
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Re: Create a New breed question(s)

Post by Corvus »

You can make any breed taller or shorter. I usually do it by crossbreeding out to a really tall grade horse and then breed them back to pure.

You can cross whatever you want, but it won't come up as anything special. So a Percheron X Australian Brumby will be listed just like that. And you could continue to breed Percheron X Australian Brumbies to each other and have a long line of that cross and you could make up your own name for them, but it'll remain listed as a cross in the game.
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Post by Questhaven »

You will want to buy the breed book for the breed you are trying to create and select for horses that score high a(a 5) in the desired breed's book. For example if breeding POA's you need to use Appys and Shetlands that score 5 in the POA breed book and you will probably get POAs when you cross an Appy and a Shetland. It is not 100% just coring according to the recipe. You could get a 50/50 cross of Shetland and Appy. Hope that helps.
Kalianne
Visit My Farm

Post by Kalianne »

Thanks for those answers and they do help.
I was also wondering what about a new breed like this breed:
https://www.google.ch/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=q37 ... ny&*&spf=1
which isn't listed currently in the Breed Wiki section? Maybe one could start it and then if more new horse breeds might get added, the breedin recipe could get adjusted?
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Kalianne wrote:Thanks for those answers and they do help.
which isn't listed currently in the Breed Wiki section? Maybe one could start it and then if more new horse breeds might get added, the breed recipe could get adjusted?
The breed wouldn't show up until it is added in the game if ever. They would show up as grades or crosses. You may want to consider breeding small Knabstruppers. There aren't many in the game so you will probably have to start from scratch which can take a while.Then if British Spotted Ponies are added you might have one of the horses that will probably be used to create your BSPs. If not, you will have Leopard spots and could cross them into the BSP for color.
Just some thoughts and those are darn cute ponies btw.
Kalianne
Visit My Farm

Post by Kalianne »

QuesthavenFarms wrote:
Kalianne wrote:Thanks for those answers and they do help.
which isn't listed currently in the Breed Wiki section? Maybe one could start it and then if more new horse breeds might get added, the breed recipe could get adjusted?
The breed wouldn't show up until it is added in the game if ever. They would show up as grades or crosses. You may want to consider breeding small Knabstruppers. There aren't many in the game so you will probably have to start from scratch which can take a while.Then if British Spotted Ponies are added you might have one of the horses that will probably be used to create your BSPs. If not, you will have Leopard spots and could cross them into the BSP for color.
Just some thoughts and those are darn cute ponies btw.
Thanks, I'm might just do that but first I need more horse space. It's sort of like breeding Lipizzaner but opposite, in real life apparently Lipizzaners were selectedly bred for white Lipizanners making other colors occasional.
big daddy donut
Visit My Farm

Post by big daddy donut »

how old do they have to be before you breed them
DakotaDrop
Visit My Farm

Post by DakotaDrop »

when creating new breed for example a Morgan which requires a (arabianXwelshcob) X thoroughbred would the (arabianXwelshcob) need to be 50% or would it still work if it was say.. 85% or so.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

DakotaDrop wrote:when creating new breed for example a Morgan which requires a (arabianXwelshcob) X thoroughbred would the (arabianXwelshcob) need to be 50% or would it still work if it was say.. 85% or so.
I don't think that would work, I'm pretty sure it needs to be 50%
Pieta
Visit My Farm

Post by Pieta »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
DakotaDrop wrote:when creating new breed for example a Morgan which requires a (arabianXwelshcob) X thoroughbred would the (arabianXwelshcob) need to be 50% or would it still work if it was say.. 85% or so.
I don't think that would work, I'm pretty sure it needs to be 50%
No it doesn't need to be 50%. Here is the Stallion that is 88% Andalusian and 12% Spanish Barb and is still able to produce Lipizzaners (recipe for Lipizzaner is (Andalusian x Spanish Barb) x (Arsbian x Frederiksborg))
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/721973
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 am