The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Contests?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Horsey8866
Visit My Farm

Contests?

Post by Horsey8866 »

I have a quick question.

If someone hosts a contest for a horse and the winner gets the horse but when its put onto the market someone else buys the horse, even if its labeled that someone has won it and it has the persons username in the sales ad. Is it fair that the person gets the horse they won or do they just leave it because the person got to it first?

I'm asking because I won a horse in a contest and someone else bought it when it was in the market but they refuse to give it back to me.

Please let me know because I dont really know what I should do because I dont want to be rude.

Thank you
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Contests?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Horsey8866 wrote:I have a quick question.

If someone hosts a contest for a horse and the winner gets the horse but when its put onto the market someone else buys the horse, even if its labeled that someone has won it and it has the persons username in the sales ad. Is it fair that the person gets the horse they won or do they just leave it because the person got to it first?

I'm asking because I won a horse in a contest and someone else bought it when it was in the market but they refuse to give it back to me.

Please let me know because I dont really know what I should do because I dont want to be rude.

Thank you
This has been an ongoing issue. Soon it should be ended with the implementation of the private sales feature. It may not be fair if the horse goes to another person than who it was originally intended, but when a horse is placed on the sales market, according to game rules, it is for sale to whoever may want it.
Really, what it comes down to, is it would be the responsibility of the contest host to correct it. As in, offer another horse (if that was the agreed upon prize) or offer a monetary replacement.

We all take the same chance right now when we put a horse on the market. It is common courtesy to not purchase a horse when it's to be transferred, but it also is not fair to demand a horse returned if it is purchased on the open market. Ask, that is all we can do, and if the request is rejected... then this is what we must accept.

Remember, it is a game and these horses aren't real. We can always breed another beauty. Regardless of whether the bloodline is 'extinct' there will always be another.
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

There have been numerous previous discussions on the subject of mistakenly buying horses. In some cases it literally has been an honest mistake. In others, and especially in the situation described above, it is an example of immature and ungracious behavior -- poor sportsmanship.

I strongly disagree that making amends is the responsibility of the person hosting the contest: that individual does not have the power. The only people who can really put things right are the buyer -- who in this instance refuses, more shame to them -- or Admin. Come on, Admin, where is that Private Sale feature we've all been waiting months for?

I am very saddened that Horsey8866 was the victim of such vile behavior, and hope the perpetrator will reconsider.
Horsey8866
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsey8866 »

Thank you both for your comments. I will try to get this figured out but if it doesn't I guess I will have to live
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:12 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:12 pm