The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Western Sudan Pony?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Emja
Visit My Farm

Western Sudan Pony?

Post by Emja »

Hello
I'm still quite new in this game, and I went to the breed wiki and saw that I could mix my tarpan mare with a stallion to get Western Sudan Pony. I did the right mix, and payed 1000 for the breeding, but the foal came out as a mix, not a new breed.
Why did the foal come out as a mix instead of the new breed?
Hope someone can help me
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Western Sudan Pony?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Emja wrote:Hello
I'm still quite new in this game, and I went to the breed wiki and saw that I could mix my tarpan mare with a stallion to get Western Sudan Pony. I did the right mix, and payed 1000 for the breeding, but the foal came out as a mix, not a new breed.
Why did the foal come out as a mix instead of the new breed?
Hope someone can help me
A Western Sudan Pony is created from Tarpan x Dongola (not that you're incorrect, you are indeed very correct by this).
However, here's how it works:
To create a new breed, you must ensure your ingredients are correct (for instance if it calls for a (tarpan x mongolian) x (arabian x thoroughbred), you will not be able to use a (mongolian x arabian) x (tarpan x thoroughbred) as the ingredients, but you can use an (arabian x mongolian)), noting that when you check a part or half breed will also work for a 'purebred' as long as the breed stated is the only breed.
Having checked your ingredients fit your recipe, your breeding still only offers you a chance of achieving the new breed offspring.
To increase your chances of giving birth to a new breed, purchase the new breed book and measure your parents against the new breed. The closer the parents are to being 5 star perfect, the better chance your offspring will have for being the new breed. There is no combination that will always guarantee the new breed every time (although some horse crosses seem to offer that). But you can get a combination of stallion and mare that often or most often offers you what you want (check the offspring, horses that have previously offered the new breed are closer to offering what the new breed demands for offspring to be labeled as the new breed).

Good Luck!
Emja
Visit My Farm

Post by Emja »

Thanks, were do i find the books? :)
Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

Emja wrote:Thanks, were do i find the books? :)
In the market in book store.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:52 am

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:52 am