The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

COI

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Valiant
Visit My Farm

COI

Post by Valiant »

Hello!

I'm new to this game and I keep seeing people talking about COI, and I was wondering what that means?

Thank you in advance :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: COI

Post by BlackOak2 »

Valiant wrote:Hello!

I'm new to this game and I keep seeing people talking about COI, and I was wondering what that means?

Thank you in advance :D
COI stands for the Coefficient Of Inbreeding. It is a hard estimated number of how many identical genes the horse may carry and is based upon the last seven generations of that horse. You can look at this number yourself by looking into the pedigree of one of your horses (AC horses will have no generations behind them and will have a COI of 0%).

Some prefer higher COI and others lower, meanwhile there are others that don't care at all. Right now there is no negative impact on having a heavily inbred herd. In a future update that could very well change.

The reason some people prefer having a higher COI is so that certain genetics are easier to maintain (such as a high tail carriage) or that other unwanted genes are easier to breed out. Likewise, the reverse can be helped by a low COI. It all comes down to how you want to play your game.

Welcome and enjoy!
Valiant
Visit My Farm

Re: COI

Post by Valiant »

Thank you so much for your help, BlackOak2!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:24 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:24 pm