The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Training

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Valiant
Visit My Farm

Training

Post by Valiant »

Hello, again :oops:

If I train the mare or the stallion before I breed then, does that improve the baby's genetic potential?

Is that something that the players here look for when breeding horses? Or is it only about the coat and the breed?
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Re: Training

Post by Tisha »

Valiant wrote:Hello, again :oops:

If I train the mare or the stallion before I breed then, does that improve the baby's genetic potential?

Is that something that the players here look for when breeding horses? Or is it only about the coat and the breed?
It doesn't.
It depends on what the player is breeding for. For example, I'm currently breeding French-Anglo Arabs. Once I've bred and established a line, I'll breed for stats and conformation. If you want to compete your horses in player made competitions, stats and conformation are the two most important things. Of course, the horse's weight, temperament and amount of training also affects how well the horse performs. As for the coat, it's not exactly important unless you're breeding to enter beauty competitions in the contests forum.
Eg: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 24&t=10739
Really, it depends on what a player wants their horses to be like.
<CS> Racers
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Valiant wrote:Hello, again :oops:

Training does not affect the offspring. Training only affects the horse's performance in competitions.
Otherwise, it's as Champi0nBr66der3 has offered.
Valiant
Visit My Farm

Post by Valiant »

So, how can I improv my foals's genetic potential?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Valiant wrote:So, how can I improv my foals's genetic potential?
Every horse has a certainly amount of hidden genetic potential. Some will produce better than themselves, others may produce worse.

Unlike a lot of other horse games, you can get a much better foal from a rather worthless parent or pair of parents. Sometimes the perfect good genes from both parents come together to form an awesome offspring. By being picky about what you're looking for in your breeding stock, you will work toward your goal.
For instance, if you want a horse line that will dominant the steeplechasing competitions (and assuming breed is not a concern), first understand what steeplechase requires (the stats), then locate horses that have high marks in these stats (by following the breeders report). If you become upgraded, you can access the conformation evaluation page for further insight into the specific horse (you can evaluate any horse, regardless of whether you own it or not if you upgrade). You can utilize the conformation page two separate ways. High marks in certain areas that affect the stats the horse will use in steeplechasing should provide the horse a better advantage in the competitions. Alternately, if the breeder's report offers a really strong comment, but the conformation page shows a weakness in these same areas, then the genetics the horse carries are providing all the 'talent'. In this case, the horse may be much better breeding stock.
What it comes down to, basically speaking, if your goal is to eventually dominate some competition, find, purchase or breed to horses that show remarkable ability in your desired areas. A horse that constantly wins, should offer stronger genes.

As a note to remember: A breeder's report will not change. The one that the foal has at birth is the one it will still have at the moment they die. This is also true of the HGP (horse genetic potential, which is a hard value of what the breeder's report defines) and the conformation report.
Valiant
Visit My Farm

Post by Valiant »

Thank you so much, BlackOak2
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:15 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:15 am