The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Forum confusion :[

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
BridlePath
Visit My Farm

Forum confusion :[

Post by BridlePath »

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to this game, i made my account in 2015 but haven't played it till now lol

So I have no idea how to use the buttons like Quote, Code, Img, URL, etc.

One member in a different post told me to "link my horse." What does that mean??

Can I delete a post I've made?

Also, is there a way for us to add pictures in our text? Like if I want to post a picture to show everyone my real life horse, can I? I'm not use to these formats and how they work. I used to make layouts and graphics and used coding a lot but I'm not quite sure how to properly use these.

Any help and info is greatly appreciated!
luckyhooves
Visit My Farm

Re: Forum confusion :[

Post by luckyhooves »

BridlePath wrote:Hey guys, I'm fairly new to this game, i made my account in 2015 but haven't played it till now lol

So I have no idea how to use the buttons like Quote, Code, Img, URL, etc.

One member in a different post told me to "link my horse." What does that mean??

Can I delete a post I've made?

Also, is there a way for us to add pictures in our text? Like if I want to post a picture to show everyone my real life horse, can I? I'm not use to these formats and how they work. I used to make layouts and graphics and used coding a lot but I'm not quite sure how to properly use these.

Any help and info is greatly appreciated!
you can delete your post and edit it after you've posted it. To quote someone is like to alert them that you're chatting with them.
BridlePath
Visit My Farm

Post by BridlePath »

luckyhooves
I figured out the ping i think lol what about images? I noticed people post pictures of their in game horses.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

BridlePath wrote: I figured out the ping i think lol what about images? I noticed people post pictures of their in game horses.
Pictures of horses on this game is easy.
If you look at the buttons above (you can also click on post a reply button or full editor button), you'll see a button above that says 'horse=' if you click on this button, it gives you this command:
horse=][/horse

(minus the two necessary brackets on the outside)
If you put the id number of the horse right after the = (equals sign), and make sure it's inside of that bracket:

horse=1110484][/horse

You'll get your horse linked to, like this (with the necessary outside brackets)

The buttons are to shortcut to regular code. You may find a lot of your regular code still will work for some parts of these forums and areas in this game. Use the preview button in the full editor to check if it does before you post.

As a last note, in order for your horse's actual picture to appear (like mine does above), you will need to save an image into their gallery (found on their profile page).
BridlePath
Visit My Farm

Post by BridlePath »

BlackOak2
Thank you! how would I go about submitting to their gallery?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

BridlePath wrote:
BlackOak2
Thank you! how would I go about submitting to their gallery?
First, I didn't notice it before; your quote didn't work (I didn't get the notification that you quoted me). If you click on the button for quote it will look like this:

quote][/quote

(minus the required brackets on the outside)

To quote somebody, it needs to look something like this:

quote="BridlePath"]...[/quote

Note that you need the equals AND the quotations after the first 'quote', and in addition to this, you will also need something between the two brackets in the middle (I put three periods), this is where people generally put the word ping, if they're not directly quoting somebody.

Now for the gallery. Choose a horse you own (you can even do so on my horse from above if you want a quick example). Scroll down to the Breeder's Report, just above this is a line of tabs that starts with Info and continues as:
Local Shows
Pedigree
Progeny
Gallery
Eval
Conformation

If you click on Gallery, you can load the image of your horse that you presently see, make it larger, smaller, focus on a certain area (like the head) and move the image all over within that box. After you're satisfied, click the save button.
It will take a few minutes for this image to cycle into the game, but once save, the most recent image will appear as your horse's avatar throughout the site. The gallery images will save permanently to the game server, so as long as the horse isn't rehomed, all of these images will be permanently available even after natural death. These images are quite handy for determining growth, coat and really it's a great way to watch your horse progress, so save away however you want for each of your horses.
Nachos 2nd
Visit My Farm

Post by Nachos 2nd »

I have the same trouble! let me try!
BlackOak2
Pegasus Park
Supreme Selle Francais Park
CONTACT ME FOR SALES, STUD & ANYTHING ELSE
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nachos 2nd wrote:I have the same trouble! let me try!
BlackOak2
I did not receive a notification.

Take a look at your code you used (minus the enclosing brackets):

quote]BlackOak2[/quote

What it should look like is this (add the enclosing brackets to make the code work):

quote="BlackOak2"]... or ping or actual quote... [/quote

Just because the pink banner pops up, doesn't mean the code worked correctly. You should see who you're pinging and the words 'wrote' followed by the colon :

At the top right of the replies is a little button with quote marks on it. Clicking this button will automatically open the full reply box with the quote code and quoted words already filled out. That's what I use when I don't recall how to use the quote code.
Nachos 2nd
Visit My Farm

Post by Nachos 2nd »

I'm still really confused, I guess technology just isn't the stuff for me :lol:
Pegasus Park
Supreme Selle Francais Park
CONTACT ME FOR SALES, STUD & ANYTHING ELSE
Nachos 2nd
Visit My Farm

Post by Nachos 2nd »