The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Breeding Question

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Mousepad
Visit My Farm

Breeding Question

Post by Mousepad »

At what age does a stallion become too old to breed?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Breeding Question

Post by BlackOak2 »

Mousepad wrote:At what age does a stallion become too old to breed?
As for now, no stud will ever age out of breeding ability.
There are plans in the future to play with fertility rates as the horses get old, but that hasn't yet been introduced.
Mousepad
Visit My Farm

Post by Mousepad »

Ok. Thank you.
I asked because when i attempted to pair with one - it wasn't bringing him up - even though he's listed as up for breeding.

Thanks again
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Mousepad wrote:Ok. Thank you.
I asked because when i attempted to pair with one - it wasn't bringing him up - even though he's listed as up for breeding.

Thanks again
If it's a stallion on the stud market, it may be a bug and this should be sent over to the bugs forum. If it's yours, again, it may be a bug and still should be sent over there.

Check to make sure you have enough money for the stud fee (if it's not your stallion).

Really, there isn't any additional reason the stud shouldn't come up. Try going to the stallion and breed from the stallion's page.
If you don't own the stallion and try to get to the stallion from the mare's page, of course it won't come up (because that page will only show you stallions you have available).
If you do own the stallion and it's not appearing on the list, then take a look which place you're looking at (pasture 1, pasture 2...) and change to the exact barn or pasture he's in, the list to choose from is at the very top of the available stallions list. Every once in a while, a particular horse won't appear in a list (for whatever reason), but going to where that horse is pastured in, or going exactly to the horse and utilizing the horse's page, works just fine.

Good Luck!
Neelia
Visit My Farm

Post by Neelia »

how do I breed, the tutorial quest did it for me when I started I cant remember please help
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Neelia wrote:how do I breed, the tutorial quest did it for me when I started I cant remember please help
I don't know if you figured it out yet, so I'll answer.
You're horses must be of breedable age (4 years for mares & 3 years for stallions). If you own both horses, you can breed from either of their pages. If you don't own the horses (you must own the mare, in the future, this may change), you will need to go to the stallion's page and breed from their (the stallion must be up for public stud).
The buttons to breed from on the horse's profile page appear just below the horse.
Neelia
Visit My Farm

Post by Neelia »

thank you. I did. and am doing fine I think. Only disappointment was I clicked to adopt another mare and there was no picture of the horse and I was given a forest horse so I returned him but lost that pt paid. but I then did get the one I wanted but still only a label and no picture so I could not see the colour. no problem. I think this is a fantastic game. or teaching appl. whichever. lol. thanks again.
Neelia
Visit My Farm

Post by Neelia »

me again. my breeding going well. going to try to put two stallions on stud market now. they produce good foals. my question now is.....who gets the foal.....and I believe I can reject the mare....if I am not satisfied......please tell me more.
MikiVCat
Visit My Farm

Post by MikiVCat »

Neelia wrote:me again. my breeding going well. going to try to put two stallions on stud market now. they produce good foals. my question now is.....who gets the foal.....and I believe I can reject the mare....if I am not satisfied......please tell me more.
When your horses are up for stud, anyone can breed to them for the price you put them up for. No, you don not get the foal, but you do get the money.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:32 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:32 am