The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

5*crosses

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Earienlasgalen
Visit My Farm

5*crosses

Post by Earienlasgalen »

if you have the right combination of breeds and both the parents have 5 stars for the desired breed evaluation, is it a bug if the foal doesn't turn out as beeing of the "new breed"? if it's normal,how/why does this happen?
LlamaLlama99
Visit My Farm

Re: 5*crosses

Post by LlamaLlama99 »

That has happened to me while making Anglo_arabs it is normal and all I had to do was try again
If the foal doesn’t turn out as 5* then it won’t be the desired breed. When making a new breed the foal must be 5* to be the breed eg. 5* star parents - 4* foal = TB x Arab but if it’s a 5* then = new breed
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Breeding appropriate recipe horses only gives you a chance of creating a new breed. You can increase your chances by breeding higher rated (higher starred) horses together. However, breeding 'perfect' parents will never guarantee the correct foal.
The foal may not be 5 star for the new breed either. You can produce a new breed that rates 4 star (I've had a few of these born, but I have not yet seen lower than 4 star). Generally, the foal will be just outside of perfect height or perfect body size. Take a look at the new breed evaluation on your horse, it will tell you what your horse lacks. The closer you get to being right in the middle or 'optimum' the better your chances.
However, there does seem to be certain horses that produce other breeds at a much greater rate than another that may appear no different. I don't know why this is.
Good luck! Keep trying!
utopie
Visit My Farm

Post by utopie »

I'll keep trying, but I find it a bit "unfair" not to get the breed if you have the right cross and 5* eval for the new breed for the foal...

a few examples:

Karbala An Avel

Parissa An Avel
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

utopie wrote:I'll keep trying, but I find it a bit "unfair" not to get the breed if you have the right cross and 5* eval for the new breed for the foal...

a few examples:
What are these supposed to be examples of?
The only persian arabian to arabian cross is the plateau persian. But the horses you're using can't make the plateau persian (I'm looking at the parents of these two foals).

The plateau persian requires an arabian horse and a persian arabian horse, so you'll need to use horses that are only of these breeds (you can use a mix or a part, but the breed must be the only one stated). There is only one exception to this rule. When a recipe calls for a single breed and a single breed, you can use a cross of these two, but it must be exact crosses, so that the outcome will equal to a persian arabian and arabian cross. People have had successes with breeding failed cross foals to each other and have received the new breed. I haven't yet tried it. You cannot breed a failed cross foal to another one that is not a cross, you will be changing the recipe from what the recipe requires.

Does this help? Or did I miss something?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:14 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:14 am