The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Akhal Teke failed Breeding?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
codinglibrarian
Visit My Farm

Akhal Teke failed Breeding?

Post by codinglibrarian »

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1252045

Hey my horse Golden Ratio is the product of breeding an Arabian mare to a Turkmene stallion. Both were purebred but it doesn't say it is an Akhal Teke. Is this a bug or did I breed them wrong? This is upsetting to me because I'm trying to breed Akhal Tekes for racing.

Any thoughts?
Annie100
Visit My Farm

Re: Akhal Teke failed Breeding?

Post by Annie100 »

Well, I looked at the Dam and Sire of your foal and niether of them are Akhal Teke.
Blue Rose Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Blue Rose Ranch »

Check out this FAQ section.
It takes more than just the right parent horses to create the new breed. Using breed evaluation books is extremely useful for evaluating parents for creating new breeds (or to prevent it when you want a cross to create something else).

To use your horse as an example, she only met 2 out of the 3 conditions (not belonging to the right height range). Another breeding between the parents may give a different outcome.
Pieta
Visit My Farm

Post by Pieta »

Her Evaluation is 4/5, this is why she isn't Akhal Teke. She is way too small for Akhal Teke. She must be 14.1 at least, but she is just 13.3hh.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Stormchase Stables »

codinglibrarian wrote:http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1252045

Hey my horse Golden Ratio is the product of breeding an Arabian mare to a Turkmene stallion. Both were purebred but it doesn't say it is an Akhal Teke. Is this a bug or did I breed them wrong? This is upsetting to me because I'm trying to breed Akhal Tekes for racing.

Any thoughts?
Breeding a specific breed always needs a few tries. Just because you have the right horses doesn't mean you'll get an A-T. Try again, you'll get one soon!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:17 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:17 am