The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

How does really showing works

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Raven
Visit My Farm

How does really showing works

Post by Raven »

Hello!
I've been playing since the beginning, but I can't understand how horses manage to win or lose a competition.
I understand the temperament influences, the weight, training, the stats ecc BUT I don't understand how does a horse with, for instance low speed, wins a racing competition, while a horse with better speed, strenght and stamina, loses it (3rd or even 5th place).
Is it random? Do I have to breed selecting very carefully on the conformation of the sire and the dam, or do I have to just hope that the foal grows into a good horse?
I think that I don't know even how to breed....
Retsi
Visit My Farm

Re: How does really showing works

Post by Retsi »

Raven wrote:.
I find that some of my better competition horses have more balanced stats. I have developed some of my highest tier race horses to have a more appealing panel. There's no drastic differences besides the one trait that I am trying to bring out, for example, speed - and slightly better strength or stamina. One of my stallions maintains over 90% WPS in racing, while being sometimes as many as 5 points slower than his competition in the speed department. The advantage lies in him having speed, & slightly higher stats advantageous to racing.

I think that if an untrained horse with bad stats manages to win, it is a fluke. Sometimes under dogs have to win too :lol:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:56 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:56 pm