Community Forum

Crossbreed question

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Blueroanie
Visit My Farm

Crossbreed question

Post by Blueroanie »

I'm wanting to create my own TWH line, so I started with a Spanish Jennet. In order to breed a Narraganset, I needed to breed her to a Galloway first, then the resulting foal with a Thoroughbred (which I have plenty). I used my Narraganset book to try and find the closest matching candidate (he only had 2 out of the 5). The resulting colt was a Tiger horse, which I found out is a result of those two breeds. How do I get a Spanish Jennet/Galloway 50/50 cross? The sire of this Tiger horse had other foals that were a 50/50 cross. I've seen them around and have not figured out the way to do the same. The parents of those cross breeds are also only 2-3 evaluation points out of 5. Before I breed my mare again, I was hoping someone could help me figure this out. Is it a random occurrence or am I doing something wrong?

The foal:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1362052
EstrellasdeCielo
Visit My Farm

Re: Crossbreed question

Post by EstrellasdeCielo »

I think it may depend on how suitable the parents are for the new breed... Like, if the parents have high eval points for one possible breed, but lower for the other breed, then it's more likely that they'll produce a foal of the breed that they have high eval points for.

So my suggestion would be to find horses with higher eval points for Narraganset to be the parents.

Although, I'm not quite certain about how crossbreeding works either...
Become a Patron!