Community Forum

How long until you can breed a new foal?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
barley
Visit My Farm

How long until you can breed a new foal?

Post by barley »

Hi, I have a 1.5 year old filly and I was wondering when I can breed her? Like, what age does a horse have to be before you can breed them?
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: How long until you can breed a new foal?

Post by Argent »

Reading the FAQ is always a good idea...
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: How long until you can breed a new foal?

Post by BlackOak2 »

barley wrote:Hi, I have a 1.5 year old filly and I was wondering when I can breed her? Like, what age does a horse have to be before you can breed them?

As Argent said... the FAQ does answer your question.

On the left side, find Help
In the drop down menu under help, choose Help Guides
It will take you to the Knowledgebase & Guides database.
Choose the Guides & How To, it will take you to the Guides & How To database.
Find the topic named 'Frequently Asked Questions & Getting Started'
In this topic, there is a part in bold labeled Breeding, if you were to read this, you would find your answer:
'How old do horses have to be to breed?
Mares have to be 4 years old, but stallions can breed at 3 years old. You can continue to breed them until they retire/die. Currently, bred mares will not retire/die, but eventually there will be the chance that you may lose an old mare while she is pregnant. Also, decreased fertility with age is a planned feature.'

Our help section is massive and detailed, but once you get used to it, you also get used to exactly where your answers can be found. Also searching for key words in the forums can help answer unusual or more detailed questions as you get deeper into the game.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 pm