The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

MONEY

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
GiorgosRC
Visit My Farm

MONEY

Post by GiorgosRC »

how i can take money?only with the quests or competitions? can you take money faster?
Dreamer98
Visit My Farm

Re: MONEY

Post by Dreamer98 »

You can make money by training horses and putting them in local shows, you can also get money by selling horses. Hope that helps :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

GiorgosRC wrote:how i can take money?only with the quests or competitions? can you take money faster?
Along with what dreamer98 said, you can also make money by Creating competitions. Be aware that if your entry fees are too high and your added purse is too low, you won't get any entrants.

The best way to make piddles money that add up quick is by doing the local shows. There is very often an adoption horse that can do level 6 or 7 in hunter or log pull or in-hand jumping. Aim to get the most 'first places' with the highest level your horse can place first in.
equestrianlover23
Visit My Farm

Post by equestrianlover23 »

What do I do I have no turns
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

equestrianlover23 wrote:What do I do I have no turns
You wait for your turns to accumulate. It takes 20 minutes for each turn to your maximum banked turns, you start with a maximum of 6 banked turns.

What you do between turns to accumulate is entirely up to you.
If you do the local shows, you can earn days and pony tokens (randomized generation, although they seem to pop up more with first and second places and also with the highest level your horse can compete in first and second places).
Emmagrace12
Visit My Farm

Post by Emmagrace12 »

How do I get people to buy my horses? I have some fully trained horses with high hgps and are decent looking that no one will buy.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Emmagrace12 wrote:How do I get people to buy my horses? I have some fully trained horses with high hgps and are decent looking that no one will buy.
Selling horses can be a seriously hot and seriously frozen market, depending on a couple main things: Breed, proven record, proven bloodline and most important, selling price.

But if your horses are fully trained and you have them posted with an immediate purchase price and the horse isn't overpriced, then they should go fairly quick.
Here's some things to keep in mind for pricing:
--> A fully trained horse can always get sold as a grinder at least. HGP will need to be at least above 45k. Price for a grinder usually begins at 30k. Grinder sales average somewhere between $50k and $150k. Proven grinders can sell for quite a bit more.
--> If you can freeze a horse for sale, you have the opportunity to await interest. This is handy for those horses that run really hot and then really frozen. In these cases, expect to hold onto the horse for a month or more. With a very large range of sale prices.
--> The sale ad is extremely important to selling a horse. And not just the one seen on the market. Makes sure you add specific notes to the owner's notes on the horse profile, if you came across something interesting. And also, it can help to have a sales forum that you can add a LOT of important notes to, if needed. Keep in mind that such little tidbits like 'has a great speed comment with a score of 15' are things that breeders are interested in... or... 'ran in locals, always pulled firsts in level 10 log pulling with a score of 65'... such a comment is particularly interesting to competition stables... then you could also note such things like 'foals always pop much taller than this parent, no matter the size of the other parent, with the exception of minis'.
Certain people are always looking for certain things and these interesting tidbits not only draw the eye to the ad, but can find a buyer that much quicker.

You probably already read over the Sales and Studs Help

--> Lastly, horses with OBO (Best Offer Only) won't sell as quickly as horses that at least also have an immediate purchase price. Because there are people that are looking to pick up the horse immediately, not await an acceptance. So by giving both options (or only the buyout option), you increase your chances of selling the horse in quicker fashion.

So... if your horse isn't selling quick enough, there are usually two reasons. One, the horse is overpriced (or you're restricting your market by only offering OBO). Two, there simply isn't any interest in it right now. For trained horses, re-market them as grinders at least, that will expand your potential buyer base.

Does that help any? :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Emmagrace12
Visit My Farm

Post by Emmagrace12 »

Yes, Thanks for the help!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:32 pm