The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Genetics

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Shocoloco
Visit My Farm

Genetics

Post by Shocoloco »

How can one breed a PUREBREED Arabian that is so tall and looks nothing like the normal arabian? It seems so strange.
KayaineII
Visit My Farm

Re: Genetics

Post by KayaineII »

Shocoloco wrote:How can one breed a PUREBREED Arabian that is so tall and looks nothing like the normal arabian? It seems so strange.
It's done the same way as breeding the short ones! ... If you take 2 normal sized arabs and breed them, the foal can inherit its height based on a range from its dam and sire. If you breed a slightly tall arab, you have a chance to get a slightly taller one. If you do that over and over, eventually, you can get an extremely tall arab.
texí
Visit My Farm

Post by texí »

Hmm... I do arabs, most of them 4* because they are too tall, but sometimes I also get extremely tiny ones, it's weird..
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

KayaineII wrote:
Shocoloco wrote:How can one breed a PUREBREED Arabian that is so tall and looks nothing like the normal arabian? It seems so strange.
It's done the same way as breeding the short ones! ... If you take 2 normal sized arabs and breed them, the foal can inherit its height based on a range from its dam and sire. If you breed a slightly tall arab, you have a chance to get a slightly taller one. If you do that over and over, eventually, you can get an extremely tall arab.
Well, that is true to some extent. Horses from the AC do have a limited range of genetics based on their breed. Like you can not breed two belgian horses from the AC and end up with a shetland pony sized horse even if you tried to do so over multiple generations without using any other breed in the process.

The top arabians in the game all have some crossbreds far back in their pedigree if you look closely. This means that some other genetic traits other than green/gold stats have followed the line of horses making some arabians look different than the AC arabians.
darklass
Visit My Farm

Post by darklass »

KayaineII wrote:
hey I saw your prewalski stallion that is up for breeding is there any chance you could lower the price I don't have that much money and I kindof need to breed my mare http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/527297
smartkid37
Visit My Farm

Post by smartkid37 »

texí wrote:Hmm... I do arabs, most of them 4* because they are too tall, but sometimes I also get extremely tiny ones, it's weird..
So the 17 inch Arabian colt I just purchased - isn't a game fluke, then???
Neither of his parents were tiny like he is.

I thought I was seeing things!
texí
Visit My Farm

Post by texí »

It happens, I don't know how or why but it does, I keep the ones that are not too small to produce 5* arabs.
Alpha ignis, signum astralis, flamma omega, multiversalis....
DaringFlaring
Visit My Farm

Post by DaringFlaring »

My foal is Half Przewalski but it looks to me like its 100% Przewalski although its got Clydesdale and thoroughbred in it.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:09 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:09 am