Community Forum

Condition Penalty

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Skraythrax
Visit My Farm

Condition Penalty

Post by Skraythrax »

Does anyone have any theories about what constitutes the "condition penalty" in endurance racing events? Before all of the feeding changes, I assumed it had to do with a horse's weight and fatigue level from training. Now I am wondering if it has anything to do with meeting the fiber, protein, and sugar requirements of the horse as well. Looking at a few of the current winning horses seems to anecdotally support this theory.
Malakai20
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Condition Penalty

Post by Malakai20 »

Skraythrax wrote:Does anyone have any theories about what constitutes the "condition penalty" in endurance racing events? Before all of the feeding changes, I assumed it had to do with a horse's weight and fatigue level from training. Now I am wondering if it has anything to do with meeting the fiber, protein, and sugar requirements of the horse as well. Looking at a few of the current winning horses seems to anecdotally support this theory.
As far as I know, it depends on weight, temperament and body shape, along with, of course, training, GP and stats.
kkreads
Visit My Farm

???????

Post by kkreads »

I have a mare who I put in level 1 endurance racing and she got a condition penalty of 3.1 .

She is also pregnant.
Does here being pregnant have to do with condition penalty?
Fox13
Visit My Farm

Re: ???????

Post by Fox13 »

kkreads wrote:I have a mare who I put in level 1 endurance racing and she got a condition penalty of 3.1 .

She is also pregnant.
Does here being pregnant have to do with condition penalty?
I do not believe pregnancy affects anything right now (nominally because we can still do whatever we want with them, regardless of being pregnant). A mare doesn't seem to change her winning percentage or scoring percentage regardless of pregnancy progression (at least in my experience).
Penalty scores are determined (as far as I know as well) by what Malakai offered: weight, temperament, body shape (or conformation), training and breeder's report.
Although I don't believe it has been added yet, energy level and fatigue may be included (actually I think personally it should only be fatigue).
Mysister
Visit My Farm

Re: Condition Penalty

Post by Mysister »

I've never figured it out - I've had healthy horses score lower than moderately fat ones. That threw me off right there.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 am