The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

How can I tell if my farm is big enough to hold another barn or field?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
GrayJay
Visit My Farm

How can I tell if my farm is big enough to hold another barn or field?

Post by GrayJay »

I am getting ready to buy my first barn but I don't know if I need to expand my farm first. How can you tell exactly how many barns / pastures you can build on a farm of a certain size? It says on the farm information that expanding will increase the number of barns/pastures you can build, but it doesn't say how many barns/pastures my farm is currently capable of holding. I suppose I could try to buy a barn and see if my farm will hold it, but I'd prefer to know beforehand so I can first expand to the required size and then buy the barn/field. (I'm just starting and have very few horses, so it takes a while for me to earn enough money to do anything.)
Thanks for any help that anyone can give.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: How can I tell if my farm is big enough to hold another barn or field?

Post by BlackOak2 »

GrayJay wrote:I am getting ready to buy my first barn but I don't know if I need to expand my farm first. How can you tell exactly how many barns / pastures you can build on a farm of a certain size? It says on the farm information that expanding will increase the number of barns/pastures you can build, but it doesn't say how many barns/pastures my farm is currently capable of holding. I suppose I could try to buy a barn and see if my farm will hold it, but I'd prefer to know beforehand so I can first expand to the required size and then buy the barn/field. (I'm just starting and have very few horses, so it takes a while for me to earn enough money to do anything.)
Thanks for any help that anyone can give.
If I remember correctly, the basic farm size can hold one pasture and one barn easily, and I think it can hold two pastures and two barns, or some combination of that. I think that I had to expand when I had three pastures and a barn, so I could add a fourth pasture. I do not remember if the size of the pastures or barns affect the amount that you can add.
My biggest problem when I was expanding the farm was running out of the max horses I could own and the max mares that could be pregnant.
Remember that the barns need to have stalls before you can house horses (that may or may not be finished yet, I have a half built barn and I can add horses until it's full, regardless of only half the stalls being finished).
GrayJay
Visit My Farm

Re: How can I tell if my farm is big enough to hold another barn or field?

Post by GrayJay »

Thanks so much, this really helps! It seems I will be able to add a few more buildings before I have to expand.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:25 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:25 am