The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Should there be an age rage?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Emma18234
Visit My Farm

Should there be an age rage?

Post by Emma18234 »

I heard that a lot of people who play this game is older that 21. For me i think that's a bit wrong. Do you think its right to have older people play a game with younger people and have to deal with them doing things that are not needed?
I am!
meaghanne2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Should there be an age rage?

Post by meaghanne2 »

Emma18234 wrote:I heard that a lot of people who play this game is older that 21. For me i think that's a bit wrong. Do you think its right to have older people play a game with younger people and have to deal with them doing things that are not needed?
I am!
....what?
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

Emma18234 wrote:I heard that a lot of people who play this game is older that 21. For me i think that's a bit wrong. Do you think its right to have older people play a game with younger people and have to deal with them doing things that are not needed?
I am!
A lot of people who play this game ARE older than 21. It's true.
When you ask if it's right to have older people play with younger people and have to deal with "them" doing things that are not needed, do you mean "them" for the older people or "them" for the younger people?

If you mean "them" as the younger people, no not really. Everyone can play the game the way they want. It's crafted that way on purpose. Younger people doing whatever they want here in no way affects me.

If you mean "them" as the older people, is this a jab at over 21's playing games and enjoying themselves because those actions aren't strictly necessary for survival? If so, please remember that adults are people, too. We like doing things because it's stress relief. Not everything has to be for the enjoyment or benefit of someone else, or even a tangible benefit for me. I fulfill my adult responsibilities and the rest of the time I do whatever I want. Sometimes that includes playing this game.
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
Ashara Storm
Visit My Farm

Post by Ashara Storm »

I am!
I have searched for this game's Terms of service and nowhere is there any statement about age ranges for playing this game. Everyone of every age has the FREEDOM to play. There is nothing in this game that should be restricted by age.

Those under 21, well if you don't know by now that not everyone on the Internet is who they represent themselves as, you need to have a good long talk with your parents about Internet safety. Not everyone who says they are a 14 year old girl from Arkansas is who they say they are. Be very cautious with your personal information. Don't give out your names, phone numbers, Facebook profile, email address. etc to anyone.

Those over 21. We know this sad fact already, but a good number of us are here for the sheer enjoyment of this game, not to prey on the younger players.

Everyone, remember the most basic Internet axiom, "Don't Feed the Trolls!" Meaning, if someone is trying to create drama for drama's sake, just ignore them and eventually they will go away.

Be excellent to each other, and enjoy the game.
Emma18234
Visit My Farm

Post by Emma18234 »

I mean....Some younger people have been bullied. I am one. I am not trying to be mean to 21+ But i think we should be aware of others feelings.
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

If you feel you are being bullied or otherwise subjected to inappropriate conduct please report it to me and I will do my best to resolve the issue.

It is good policy to keep personal information such as age to yourself on the internet, in general.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

The majority of players who have been here since the game was in alpha/beta are over 21. Going by just that, it's the under 21 crowd that doesn't belong :P
Emma18234
Visit My Farm

Post by Emma18234 »

Tom...I have tried to contact you and other admins but nothing worked. And no i did not do anything wrong when trying to contact anyone.
Emma18234
Visit My Farm

Post by Emma18234 »

I feel like many younger players are getting bullied by 21+ players.
Warband
Visit My Farm

Post by Warband »

So your saying all adults are bullies? That anyone over 21 is going to give you grief? What If I started this game at 20? does turning 21 make me a bully? To say all adults are bullies like like saying all kids are spoiled brat. Both are not true. You can't take one persons lack of maturity and throw it on everyone else. I play alot of games with both mature and immature people, age not being number.

If you want me to be a bit of a meany.. Think about this.. I'd say about half of the reason this game still exists is because adults donate their time and money to keep this game going. I'm not going to say without adults this game wouldn't be here, but I doubt it would be as strong as it is now without it. Adults have every right to relax on their day off. I work 8 hours a day at a call center where people are for lack of a better word, jerks. Adults and kids. Why should I be punished for coming to a game like this just because I am older? All I want to do is come on a game that is for ALL ages and enjoy my time with all ages. That is how the real world is. If you only hang out with people your own age what is there to learn from another?

I've played online games since I was 12, with adults. I never, ever thought adults should leave a game. I always looked up and respected them and learned from their mistakes and progress to better myself and my game.

Games are for everyone, and it needs to stay that way.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:39 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:39 pm