The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

should i mow the lawn when i have pregnaut mares

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
HunterJumperbarn
Visit My Farm

should i mow the lawn when i have pregnaut mares

Post by HunterJumperbarn »

:D :D Okay sorry for bad English I'm from Canada my family is from Quebec and I live in Toronto.

But onto subject. I have two pregnant mares in my pasture one is halfway in her pregnancy. Should I mow the lawn or leave it how it is.

Thanks.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: should i mow the lawn when i have pregnaut mares

Post by BlackOak2 »

HunterJumperbarn wrote::D :D Okay sorry for bad English I'm from Canada my family is from Quebec and I live in Toronto.

But onto subject. I have two pregnant mares in my pasture one is halfway in her pregnancy. Should I mow the lawn or leave it how it is.

Thanks.
Mowing the pasture will result in less grass for your mares to eat. If you want them to loose weight to be a more appropriate weight, then yes, you can mow the pasture. Mowing the pasture has no effect on anything else for the horses or the foals, except feeding. If you leave the foals in the same pasture, having lush (or high quality) pastures, offers the foals weight gain to be at its maximum.
Right now (since nothing bad happens with being too fat or too thin, i.e. death) it doesn't much matter what weight your horses are, except when they show. Weight does have a nominal affect for shows.
HunterJumperbarn
Visit My Farm

Re: should i mow the lawn when i have pregnaut mares

Post by HunterJumperbarn »

Thanks
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:02 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:02 am