The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Did not receive activation email, should I create another email account or wait?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
GrayJay
Visit My Farm

Did not receive activation email, should I create another email account or wait?

Post by GrayJay »

I registered to create a second account around June 2nd-3rd but did not receive the activation email. I have an account already with a gmail address; I tried to register the second account using my outlook.com address. I contacted support around June 4th-5th but haven't heard back. I'd really like to start my second farm this weekend. Could I go ahead and create another email account with which I might not have any problems registering (e.g., Yahoo?) and try registering with that, or do I have to wait now until I hear back?
Thanks for any help anyone can give.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Did not receive activation email, should I create another email account or wait?

Post by BlackOak2 »

GrayJay wrote:I registered to create a second account around June 2nd-3rd but did not receive the activation email. I have an account already with a gmail address; I tried to register the second account using my outlook.com address. I contacted support around June 4th-5th but haven't heard back. I'd really like to start my second farm this weekend. Could I go ahead and create another email account with which I might not have any problems registering (e.g., Yahoo?) and try registering with that, or do I have to wait now until I hear back?
Thanks for any help anyone can give.
I believe I did hear that admin is a little backed up with emails to them recently (I have an email in to them as well and haven't heard anything back yet).
You can try to log in with the username and password you registered as. I think that registering is even automatic, like most other games are. It's entirely possible that you didn't enter the correct email address. You can also try to create another account using the same email that you have already used. The game will bounce it back if there's another registered using that email address.

Try those two options. Try logging in using the information you tried signing up for. Also try re-registering using the same address you tried registering before using.
Either of those two options should offer you the insight into what probably happened.

Good luck!
GrayJay
Visit My Farm

Re: Did not receive activation email, should I create another email account or wait?

Post by GrayJay »

Thanks for the reply! When I try logging in using the information I used when registering my second account, I see a message that the "specified username is currently inactive." When I tried re-registering using a different username but the same outlook.com address (i.e., same email address that I used when trying to register the first time), it says that the email address is already in use. So it looks like both the username and email address are in the system but the account is just not active. I guess I have two options: 1) wait for them to manually activate my account (I sent them an email regarding the issue a few weeks ago) or 2) try creating an account using another email account (I would have to create one). Do you think there's any harm in trying #2? (In this case, I would have to email support and ask them to cancel the other account that I had requested, since we can have only two accounts.)
Thanks.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

GrayJay wrote:Thanks for the reply! When I try logging in using the information I used when registering my second account, I see a message that the "specified username is currently inactive." When I tried re-registering using a different username but the same outlook.com address (i.e., same email address that I used when trying to register the first time), it says that the email address is already in use. So it looks like both the username and email address are in the system but the account is just not active. I guess I have two options: 1) wait for them to manually activate my account (I sent them an email regarding the issue a few weeks ago) or 2) try creating an account using another email account (I would have to create one). Do you think there's any harm in trying #2? (In this case, I would have to email support and ask them to cancel the other account that I had requested, since we can have only two accounts.)
Thanks.
You could do either. You could also send a note in the bugs forum (or just quote admin here) and try to get their direct attention so that they may offer a little more priority to it.

I don't think they would do much if you were to simply open another account, just as long as you ahem... never log into the other, but don't quote me on that. Eventually, I'm sure, they'll crack down on multiple account users if they haven't received prior authorization for more than two accounts (multiple family players). What helps your case is that you have a 'paper trail'.

If this were my issue, I'd probably see if I could get their attention here.
GrayJay
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayJay »

OK thanks for the advice! I'll try waiting another week or two and if I don't hear back I'll try putting a note in the bugs forum and mention an admin.
GrayJay2
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayJay2 »

Just an update: I had a brainstorm and checked my "Junk email" folder and there was the activation email. Everything worked fine. (Good grief!)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:27 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:27 am