The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Problems with feeding

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
heartbeatforhorses
Visit My Farm

Problems with feeding

Post by heartbeatforhorses »

I have a horse and no matter how much I feed him it still won't give him 100% energy. Here is a link to his profile... I wonder if the type of food that he is getting is the issue. I've tried oats, hay, alfalfa hay, and I'm experimenting with others. It would be great if someone could tell me if age affects feeding. :D Thanks!

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/845007
Last edited by heartbeatforhorses on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heartbeatforhorses
Visit My Farm

Re: Problems with feeding

I realized that if I fed him over 200% he would have 100% energy, however, I would still like to know if age affects feeding. Thanks! :)
Abbih
Visit My Farm

Post by Abbih »

I haven't noticed age affect feeding really affect feeding. One thing I did notice was your horse is considered fleshy and if you are looking to get him to drop some weight you may have to deal with less than 100% energy for a few turns until he drops the weight. I just went through this with a shetland pony that was fat because he had been in pasture, after a few days of 80-90% energy of feed he dropped down to moderate weight and I raised his feed back to 100% and have been able to maintain this with 100% energy as long as he is in the barn. You do need to watch that the amount (weight in kg of food) does not exceed his maximum intake otherwise he won't have full energy even though you feed him over 100% because he can only eat so much.
heartbeatforhorses
Visit My Farm

Ok thanks!
Turner
Visit My Farm

Post by Turner »

how do you fed the horse?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Turner wrote:how do you fed the horse?
On the left hand of your horse's profile, if you scroll down, you'll see the section for feeding. Horse's in pastures automatically feed themselves, so you'll already see grass in their feeding section. You can add supplemental feed if your horse isn't eating enough, but in the pasture, the only way to subtract feed is to mow it (that's done on the farm page).
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:48 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:48 am