Community Forum

Spanish Mustang

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
ellmovy
Visit My Farm

Re: Spanish Mustang

Post by ellmovy »

8arbarossa wrote:i am waiting for paintings are coming to the game and then its Spanish mustang time :)
ohh I can't wait for some paint spanish mustangs :O
ellmovy
Visit My Farm

100 HORSES!!!

Post by ellmovy »

We reached 100 active Spanish Mustangs!! When I began playing there were only between 20 and 30, and now my favourite breed has hit 100!! I'm so happy and excited - thank you to everyone who has bought my horses and taken interest in breeding Spanish Mustangs. I hope the breed will keep getting more and more popular, and better horses will come out of it. :D
LostHillFarm
Visit My Farm

Post by LostHillFarm »

I joined HWO quite some time ago, but only started playing recently. I've been working with Spanish Mustangs and have really been enjoying them. Thank you so much for sharing studs and sale horses at reasonable prices!

I've currently done some out crosses to bring in some genetic diversity and additional appy color genes - but like everyone else, I can't wait for paint horse colors!
ellmovy
Visit My Farm

RIP {DFA}Madrid

Post by ellmovy »

My founding stallion, Madrid, who sired 24 horses, has passed on. He was ranked #1 Spanish Mustang, and was a Working Ranch Grand Champion, and Barrel Racing, Dressage, and Western Trail Champion.

{DFA} Madrid

As you can see he also had really lovely confirmation. Many of my best horses are directly out of him, and he's also somewhere in the ancestry of a large number of Spanish Mustangs.
ellmovy
Visit My Farm

Crosses

Post by ellmovy »

I'm currently breeding a few Spanish Mustang crosses to get some more variety to improve my lines. Can anyone recommend some breeds I should choose? What would you like to see?

Currently I have tried....

Arabian

Quarter Horse

Andalusian

Appaloosa

Thoroughbred

Friesian

ellmovy
Visit My Farm

Pricing Changes

Post by ellmovy »

I've updated the pricing on all my Spanish Mustangs. I hope the cheaper prices means I can sell more because I'm not having many sales at the moment.

My rule for pricing is now:
- the first 3 digits of the horse's HGP
- +100 for each gold stat
- +50 for each green stat
- +50 for evaluating 5*
- -50 for each negative stat
- -100 for each red stat

also if I sell a trained or pregnant horse the price will increase, but I haven't done this before
DarkWillowsCreek
Visit My Farm

Post by DarkWillowsCreek »

Hi Everyone. I would love to join the Spanish Mustang breeding train. I just started my breeding program today, although I have had the account for a while now. I'm happy to see that there are others out there who what to bring to numbers up on this awesome breed.

Also, I can help in the Spanish Jennet department for further breeding of Spanish Mustangs because my other (Main) account, under LadyRuthven, I am a big breeder of Spanish Jennet. We can work out whatever on that end.

Now, we just need to find a good Mustang breeder to work with us and we will be unstoppable. haha

Anyway, I look forward to working together. I am on here mostly in the evenings and weekends and I'm working on getting my premium back so message me wherever you can. haha :)
ellmovy
Visit My Farm

Post by ellmovy »

DarkWillowsCreek wrote:Hi Everyone. I would love to join the Spanish Mustang breeding train. I just started my breeding program today, although I have had the account for a while now. I'm happy to see that there are others out there who what to bring to numbers up on this awesome breed.

Also, I can help in the Spanish Jennet department for further breeding of Spanish Mustangs because my other (Main) account, under LadyRuthven, I am a big breeder of Spanish Jennet. We can work out whatever on that end.

Now, we just need to find a good Mustang breeder to work with us and we will be unstoppable. haha

Anyway, I look forward to working together. I am on here mostly in the evenings and weekends and I'm working on getting my premium back so message me wherever you can. haha :)
I'm glad you're so interested in the breed. I've been a little inactive the past few days but will try to breed more and more. I'm excited to see the horses you produce, and yes it would be nice to start some new lines from Spanish Jennets and Mustangs, because at the moment I'm crossbreeding for improvement in stats and it would be good to have more purebreds.
DarkWillowsCreek
Visit My Farm

Post by DarkWillowsCreek »

Oh yay! I'm glad we can collaborate on this. There is just so little Spanish Mustangs. Also, Mustangs are very hard to come by and so getting a good breeding of Sp. Mustang has been slow going for sure.

As far as the Spanish Jennets, I'd be more than happy to breed some pairings you would like and I'd give you the foals for like a dollar (with no obligations if they didn't come out like you want). I've working on breeding in higher stats and only breed the ones with 5* evals so they are really starting to turn into a nice stock now.

Also, I have one Part Mustang stud on this account but I haven't had much luck with him so if you want him just let me know. You might be able to have better luck with him.

And no worries on being busy. I am too so just get with me whenever you can. :)
ellmovy
Visit My Farm

Post by ellmovy »

sorry i've been inactive for so long!!! i'm back now and will continue breeding! i don't think i will keep updating the horses i have for sale on this forum though
Become a Patron!