The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What can I do with my breed combos?

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
matchbottle
Visit My Farm

What can I do with my breed combos?

Post by matchbottle »

Hello! I'm still fairly new here, and have a couple of breed combinations on my farm that I'm not entirely how to use to get what. I've looked on the Breeds Wiki to find what I can do, but it's very tedious to go through and find the combinations all the time.

I have a TBxNAB stallion and a NABxArab on the way, as well as a purebred NAB stallion and Arabian mare. What are my possibilities? Thank you in advance.
LlamaLlama99
Visit My Farm

Re: What can I do with my breed combos?

Post by LlamaLlama99 »

NAB x Arab can make Baladis
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

matchbottle wrote:Hello! I'm still fairly new here, and have a couple of breed combinations on my farm that I'm not entirely how to use to get what. I've looked on the Breeds Wiki to find what I can do, but it's very tedious to go through and find the combinations all the time.

I have a TBxNAB stallion and a NABxArab on the way, as well as a purebred NAB stallion and Arabian mare. What are my possibilities? Thank you in advance.
Along with what LlamaLlama99 replied, these are also viable recipes:

The Tb x NAB also can make the Camargue & Oldenburg

The Arab x NAB also can make the Cleveland Bay; Thoroughbred; West African Barb; Giara Pony; Java & Abyssinian
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

What you'll want to do is go to the market and buy "Breed Evaluation Books" for the breeds you want to produce - and then go to the horses you want to use to produce the new breeds, and go to the "Eval" tab. There, you can use the books you've bought to evaluate how good your horse is for creating a certain breed.

A 5 rating for the breed means they fit ALL of the breed criteria, while anything lower means you'll need to breed them to another horse that fits the criteria in the areas that they don't. EG: If your horse is too tall to fit the breed, you'll need to breed them to a shorter horse.

The higher the overall rating for the two horses, the higher the chance you have of producing a new breed! You don't need to follow the EXACT formulas in the Breeds Wiki, but you may need to use crosses of the specific breeds mentioned in it.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:22 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:22 am