Community Forum

The NYX- Player Created Breed

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
PhoenixValley
Visit My Farm

The NYX- Player Created Breed

Post by PhoenixValley »

NYX EQUUS
A player created breed, the Nyx's origins are unclear, but through a lot of research, here at Phoenix Equestrian Center we have found that it originates in the sun-basked Saharan Desert.
Through time, the Nyx had evolved to withstand the scorching sun and sands of the desert. The following information is a guide to the Nyx, and what it looks like.
- Long legs to wade through dunes
- High croup, long and thin face, long neck to enable speed.
- Downhill build
- Short manes to avoid hair getting into its eyes when there's a sandstorm
- Almond-shaped eyes for excellent sight
- Basic Colors: Bay, Black, Buckskin, Chestnut, Dun, Palomino, Cremello, Types of Cream and Champagne to avoid too much unwanted attention.
- No graying, LP, dapples or patterns of any kind to blend in with other herds of horses when in danger.
- Lean, very light body type, thin, built for speed.
- Genetic Potential over 28k.
- Extremely fast, with speed over 50.
- Ancestry is mostly made up of:
Mostly TURKMENE, a generous amount of DELIBOZ, a tiny bit of AKHAL-TEKE, and in modern times the THOROUGHBRED and the ARABIAN genetics were introduced to the breed to add to Stamina and Movement.
- Small hooves, to leave nearly no hoofprints in the sand.
- Usually spirited, jumpy, excited, and easy to spook and always alert. The reason for this is to spot and run away from the very dangerous snakes, scorpions, lizards and other creatures that live under rocks in the desert.

Here at Phoenix Equestrian Center we are looking for partners to help develop this wonderful breed. Comment below if interested in being my partner.
Last edited by PhoenixValley on Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: The NYX- Player Created Breed

Post by Stormchase Stables »

PhoenixValley wrote:NYX EQUUS
A player created breed, the Nyx's origins are unclear, but through a lot of research, here at Phoenix Equestrian Center we have found that it originates in the sun-basked Saharan Desert.
Through time, the Nyx had evolved to withstand the scorching sun and sands of the desert. The following information is a guide to the Nyx, and what it looks like.
- Basic Colors: Bay, Black, Buckskin, Chestnut, Dun, Palomino to avoid too much unwanted attention.
- No graying, LP, dapples or patterns of any kind to blend in with other herds of horses when in danger.
Mostly TURKMENE, a generous amount of DELIBOZ, a tiny bit of AKHAL-TEKE, and in modern times the THOROUGHBRED and the ARABIAN genetics were introduced to the breed to add to Stamina and Movement.
- Usually spirited, jumpy, excited, and easy to spook and always alert. The reason for this is to spot and run away from the very dangerous snakes, scorpions, lizards and other creatures that live under rocks in the desert.

Here at Phoenix Equestrian Center we are looking for partners to help develop this wonderful breed. Comment below if interested in being my partner.
Do the colors include cream, champagne and grullo?
PhoenixValley
Visit My Farm

Post by PhoenixValley »

Stormchase Stables wrote:
PhoenixValley wrote:NYX EQUUS
- Basic Colors: Bay, Black, Buckskin, Chestnut, Dun, Palomino to avoid too much unwanted attention.

Do the colors include cream, champagne and grullo?
I didn't think of that! Thank you, I'll add those colors to the list. Yes, all colors with no catchy markings are good enough for the breed. Bay, Chestnut and Black are the best, though.
PhoenixValley
Visit My Farm

Post by PhoenixValley »

STILL IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! OF ANY KIND!
This may include:
- Training the best Nyx horses
- Funding the project
- Breeding together
- Buying horses to help the breed
- Develop the breed
- Store retired champions in frozen accounts
- Stud useful stallions
- Show conformation of the Nyx foals
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:41 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:41 pm