The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Caspian Breeding

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Geidim O'in
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Caspian Breeding

Post by Geidim O'in »

Hello all! So recently, I decided to restart my breeding project from scratch because I messed up a few things and decided that would be easier than reorganizing my pre-existing herd.

So far, things are... good enough. Nothing great, but I made a lot more progress than I assumed I would this quickly. The only problem is that for some reason every single filly that's been born has been well below average on their breeder reports. And it's only been fillies, I've managed to get quite a few well bred Caspian colts that either match are very slightly exceed expectations, only the fillies have had horrible reports.

This didn't happen last time, so does anyone have any tips before my stock of broodmares die of old age?
theherb1
Visit My Farm

Re: Caspian Breeding

Post by theherb1 »

I am looking for Caspian colts. it would be nice if they have COI: 0% and 37K+ HGP.
I tried to find them with no s6.
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

theherb1 wrote:I am looking for Caspian colts. it would be nice if they have COI: 0% and 37K+ HGP.
I tried to find them with no s6.
I have this guy or look at my others and you can breed to one. I'll let you know as more are born.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1381624
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Geidim O'in wrote:Hello all! So recently, I decided to restart my breeding project from scratch because I messed up a few things and decided that would be easier than reorganizing my pre-existing herd.

So far, things are... good enough. Nothing great, but I made a lot more progress than I assumed I would this quickly. The only problem is that for some reason every single filly that's been born has been well below average on their breeder reports. And it's only been fillies, I've managed to get quite a few well bred Caspian colts that either match are very slightly exceed expectations, only the fillies have had horrible reports.

This didn't happen last time, so does anyone have any tips before my stock of broodmares die of old age?
The game is set up so that fillies are just a little less strong than colts, just like in real life. It very may well be the matches you're choosing. Instead of strengthening the weak areas of a particular pair (or making them a little less bad), you're actually highlighting those weak areas. There is also a little bit of luck in play and it could also be that the worst outcomes just happen to be on the fillies. However, just because a filly offers some really bad points on her report, doesn't mean she'll produce worse foals than herself. She still carries the genes of her parents and she may have some hidden gems within her code. Take a look at full siblings and try to find the similarities, either in the breeding report or in the conformation report. These similarities are your keys to what the parents have been passing on. The keys can tell you what the fillies of the full siblings may be hiding and if they have any worth for you at all.

Good Luck!

Edited to add: Of course, now I realize my reply may be a little on the late side.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:10 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:10 am