The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Gypsy Cob/Gypsy Vanner

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
flrancho
Visit My Farm

Re: Gypsy Cob/Gypsy Vanner

Post by flrancho »

I'm looking on breeding Vanners too. I'm starting from the ground up with foundation stock, so it'll be taking me a while, but if anyone else is started from foundation stock or needs new blood that's not inbred, my horses might be an option down the line.

I plan on spending quite a bit of time with the breeds leading up to the Vanner and perfecting them before moving on to the next breed, that way there's a solid line of good foundation stock behind for the next person and hopefully less inbreeding issues for me.
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Post by Questhaven »

Any one have a GV mare they would be willing to sell or let me use for brood? I have fallen in love with this guy.
Spice

And I bought him. I would like to bred him to a GV mare. I am not picky as I know there are few in the game -- part or mixed would be fine too. Anyway, I just thought he was way too cute. Quote me here or PM my active account QuesthavenFarms

Thanks!
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Questhaven wrote:Any one have a GV mare they would be willing to sell or let me use for brood? I have fallen in love with this guy.
Spice

And I bought him. I would like to bred him to a GV mare. I am not picky as I know there are few in the game -- part or mixed would be fine too. Anyway, I just thought he was way too cute. Quote me here or PM my active account QuesthavenFarms

Thanks!

If your still looking for a mare I have a few you could choose from once they drop their current foals. I went on a Gypsy hunt over the past couple of months and managed to snag a couple nice mares, now building a herd that I hope will be able to withstand the current pressure.

Pasture the holds the Mares:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/10899
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Post by Questhaven »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:
If your still looking for a mare I have a few you could choose from once they drop their current foals. I went on a Gypsy hunt over the past couple of months and managed to snag a couple nice mares, now building a herd that I hope will be able to withstand the current pressure.

Pasture the holds the Mares:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/10899
I would love to buy her.
[ЯR] Little Sister
Last edited by Questhaven on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Sorry! I totally forgot to add that to my posting, the mares are not for sale but their services are. I'm not really willing to sell her but if you want a filly from her I would be totally willing to let you have one. You can pick the stallion and price for the foal. As things stand now the price of the filly doesn't really matter to me.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Post by Questhaven »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:Sorry! I totally forgot to add that to my posting, the mares are not for sale but their services are. I'm not really willing to sell her but if you want a filly from her I would be totally willing to let you have one. You can pick the stallion and price for the foal. As things stand now the price of the filly doesn't really matter to me.

I would love a filly. I haven't done the broodmare thing before. Do we use your stallions or one's up for stud? I'm in. I would be happy with a hunter baby.
Let me know what I need to do! :D
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

You can pick the stallion you want to used. She is currently pregnant to my stallion, when she drops if it's a filly I'll post a link to her here. If you want her I'll sell her to you, if you don't you can pick another stallion and we can try again. :)

She should drop sometime today.

Oh! And have fun with all those Hanoverians. Thank-you for taking them off my hands, use them well! :)
|A∀| Atherton Hills
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:You can pick the stallion you want to used. She is currently pregnant to my stallion, when she drops if it's a filly I'll post a link to her here. If you want her I'll sell her to you, if you don't you can pick another stallion and we can try again. :)

She should drop sometime today.

Oh! And have fun with all those Hanoverians. Thank-you for taking them off my hands, use them well! :)

Sounds perfect.

I will. I need some fresh Hanoverian blood. My COIs are crazy!
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Haha! I bet, it's weird. High COI really doesn't effect much in this game, yet no one will buy a horse with high COI.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

QuesthavenFarms wrote: Sounds perfect.
Alright, she dropped and it was a colt. I'm going to let her sit of a day and a half to let you choose, but not much longer than that because I don't want her sitting through more than a year without being in foal. My herd is to small to let a mare sit "not pregnant" for to long. : )
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:56 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:56 pm