The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Clydesdales

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Concolor
Visit My Farm

Re: Clydesdales

Post by Concolor »

As an update, I bred my first Clyde stallion today -- Four star Clyde!

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/58935
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Hey everyone! Is anyone still doing Clydesdales?? I have been working on them for quite some time now and figured I would share a few of my animals and see what you all think! I have a very large herd but I'll share a few of my favorites. Currently I have been working on adding feathering into my herd, it's taking a while but it's working. Is anyone else working on this as well? What have you all been working on?

|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Kintara
Visit My Farm

Post by Kintara »

I used to breed a few and yes bred feather into them, Shark Bait is mine who sired a few Clydesdales as well as Gypsies. He's good to use because of his feather. I still have a couple of Clydesdales on my other account, I should get back into breeding them sometime!
SageFeather145
Visit My Farm

Post by SageFeather145 »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:
Hey everyone! Is anyone still doing Clydesdales?? I have been working on them for quite some time now and figured I would share a few of my animals and see what you all think! I have a very large herd but I'll share a few of my favorites. Currently I have been working on adding feathering into my herd, it's taking a while but it's working. Is anyone else working on this as well? What have you all been working on?

Wow those are some beautiful horses especially the buckskin.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Kintara wrote:I used to breed a few and yes bred feather into them, Shark Bait is mine who sired a few Clydesdales as well as Gypsies. He's good to use because of his feather. I still have a couple of Clydesdales on my other account, I should get back into breeding them sometime!
You totally should! They are a fun project and people seem to be willing to buy and breed a good Clydesdale so there is also money in them.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

SageFeather145 wrote: Wow those are some beautiful horses especially the buckskin.
Thanks! They make me happy when my other projects are driving me mad.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Jaken
Visit My Farm

Post by Jaken »

Im working on getting some Clydesdales, I just got foundation horses for the basics of getting the breed. It will be a while before I do have some, but I'm up to the challenge!
Jaken
Visit My Farm

Post by Jaken »

When starting the bloodline from scratch, does it matter what breed the sire X dam order of the breed? Ex: (forest horse x North African Barb) Or (North African Barb X Forest Horse)
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Jaken wrote:When starting the bloodline from scratch, does it matter what breed the sire X dam order of the breed? Ex: (forest horse x North African Barb) Or (North African Barb X Forest Horse)
Awesome! It's nice to have another person interested in the breed, and no it really doesn't matter which is which. Your stallion or mare could be either. What really matters is their stats or "stars" for that particular breed. If you want to breed a good strong Clydesdale your animals should have higher stars from overall 4-5* for that breed. Anything lower would work but it takes a very long time to get a good animal with anything lower.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:22 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:22 pm