The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Clydesdales

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Jaken
Visit My Farm

Re: Clydesdales

Post by Jaken »

to tell if you have a decent horse, is under the evaluation tab? Im still kinda new XD
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Jaken wrote:to tell if you have a decent horse, is under the evaluation tab? Im still kinda new XD
Hehe. Allow me to show you the long way because I find it more fun.

Alrighty, you may know this already, but first you need to buy the book about the breed you are wanting to create. These are located in the book store under the market tab. The Clydesdale book is $3,571.

Once you have that book, you are correct, you need to go to the Evaluation tab on your horses page. (You already know where that is but I put the picture in for fun)

After that it's really easy: click on the book and then evaluation. (I have allot of books...)

If the animal is a 4* or overall 5 for the Clydesdale breed this will come up:
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Jaken
Visit My Farm

Post by Jaken »

okay thanks :D I got the book for the arabian. Im saving up money for other breeds :D
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Jaken wrote:okay thanks :D I got the book for the arabian. Im saving up money for other breeds :D
Anytime. I wish you luck on this project!

A hint I have learned along the way, keep your Grade horses. When you start breeding you will amass many of them, keep them! They will be valuable down the road. I have a program just to breed the Grades and then breed them into the Clydesdale program to add new colour, feathering, and higher breeders reports. They have been valuable and unreplaceable to my program.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Jaken
Visit My Farm

Post by Jaken »

Sounds good ;D I have a pasture just for the foals that I've gotten so far. I plan to breed all the Foundies again before they retire.
SageFeather145
Visit My Farm

Post by SageFeather145 »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:
Jaken wrote:okay thanks :D I got the book for the arabian. Im saving up money for other breeds :D

A hint I have learned along the way, keep your Grade horses. When you start breeding you will amass many of them, keep them! They will be valuable down the road. I have a program just to breed the Grades and then breed them into the Clydesdale program to add new colour, feathering, and higher breeders reports. They have been valuable and unreplaceable to my program.
Could I order a custom horse from you?
Jaken
Visit My Farm

Post by Jaken »

o.o i didnt know we could. How does that work?
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

SageFeather145 wrote:
Rodeo_Ace wrote:

Could I order a custom horse from you?
Of course! What are you looking for?
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Jaken wrote:o.o i didnt know we could. How does that work?
All the time! I have been doing custom orders for quite a while now, it's a chance for people to take a look through the animals I normally wouldn't sell or breed and get an foal worth allot. However, depending on the parents it can cost a pretty penny. My best mares can only have so many foals.

As a whole on HW it's done very little. Riverside is one of the only ranches that I know of that does custom orders. Which is one reason why I have so many programs going at once, more variety to choose from.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
SageFeather145
Visit My Farm

Post by SageFeather145 »

I would love a cross between little warrior and spring warrior :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:14 am

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:14 am