The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Arabians

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
RilkaGreen
Visit My Farm

Arabians

Post by RilkaGreen »

The Arabian originated on the Arabian Peninsula. With a distinctive head shape and high tail carriage, the Arabian is one of the most easily recognizable horse breeds in the world. It is also one of the oldest breeds, with archaeological evidence of horses in the Middle East that resemble modern Arabians dating back 4,500 years. Throughout history, Arabian horses have spread around the world by both war and trade, used to improve other breeds by adding speed, refinement, endurance, and strong bone. Today, Arabian bloodlines are found in almost every modern breed of riding horse.

The Arabian developed in a desert climate and was prized by the nomadic Bedouin people, often being brought inside the family tent for shelter and protection from theft. Selective breeding for traits including an ability to form a cooperative relationship with humans created a horse breed that is good-natured, quick to learn, and willing to please. The Arabian also developed the high spirit and alertness needed in a horse used for raiding and war. This combination of willingness and sensitivity requires modern Arabian horse owners to handle their horses with competence and respect.

The Arabian is a versatile breed. Arabians dominate the discipline of endurance riding, and compete today in many other fields of equestrian activity. They are one of the top ten most popular horse breeds in the world [Source: Wikipedia]

Conformation
Although no individual animal will possess all of the qualities described below, the composite, nevertheless, epitomizes the finest specimens observed:

1. Head : Upper half larger in proportion to whole size of the horse, with a triangular shape. The muzzle is small and fine, with lips that are thin and fine. Nostrils are long, thin, running upward, projected outward and delicately curled.

2. Eyes are large and set far apart, nearly in the middle of the head

3. A Jibbah should be present (Slight protrusion over the forehead extending to just below the eyes)

4. Wide spread cheekbones with deep jowls.

5. Ears are pointed, set evenly together in upright position. Smaller in stallions and of good size in mares.

6. Neck is long and arched, set on high, and run well back into withers

7. Deep chest with a short back, well-sprung ribs and high tail carriage. A more horizontal pelvic bone position should also be present

8. In height, the Arabian horse generally measures 14.1 to 15.1 hands at the withers, although there are horses which measure above or below this height.

9. The mane and tail are long, and very fine in texture.

10. In color, Arabians are bay, gray, chestnut and black, with an occasional roan. Common markings are stars, strips or blaze faces, as are also snip noses, a white foot or more, or white stockings. Arabians that appear white are actually gray, since white looking Arabians have black skin. White hair on horses grows out of pink skin as can be found under an Arabian's white markings.
Color dilutions such as cream and dun are NOT found in pure Arabians. Sabino (unrelated to sabino-1 genome), Rabicano and Dominant White are colors that have been proven in purebred Arabians and are therefore acceptable.
www.arabianhorses.org

Breeders
Enchanted Acres run by RilkaGreen

Stallions at Stud
~None Currently~
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Re: Arabians

Post by nyraeia »

I'd love to breed coloured Arabians (or actually Arabian mixes as dilutions are not acceptable). At the moment, I'm trying to breed out some faults in skills, mainly strength. For this goal, I'm trying out my half Arabian stallion Archeopteryx. If he produces acceptable foals, I'll put him up for stud.

My stallion Archetyp is already up.

The ultimate goal for me would be to breed diluted Arabians with white patterns and nice skills, but that's a long way to go.
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

So, I think I produced the first (or some of the first) Arabian foals with dilutions.

ImageImage

Both have nice breeding reports.
[NYR] Prideful seems to be a Red Dun while [NYR] Flora seems to be a Buckskin. So Dun and Cream, yay! I'm so very happy.

To further my goal and avoid inbreeding, I need lots and lots of Arabians, so I'm stalking the studs section daily. Not too much luck, though. Does anyone have good studs to offer?

edit:
I now have three :D
SeinaMacabre
Visit My Farm

Post by SeinaMacabre »

Very cute foals! C:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198052805042]Image[/url]
Need help starting at HWO? Check out my Guide!
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

SeinaMacabre wrote:Very cute foals! C:
Thanks, Seina :)

Prideful's up for stud now, if anyone's interested.
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

So I think I may have bred an Arabian with a typical head:
SeinaMacabre
Visit My Farm

Post by SeinaMacabre »

nyraeia wrote:-snip-
    • congrats!!! looks really pretty ouo
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198052805042]Image[/url]
Need help starting at HWO? Check out my Guide!
Mauja
Visit My Farm

Post by Mauja »

I've just started on this game, but I'm interested in working on Arabians as well. If you want to use any of my horses for anything, let me know! Or if you have tips, because, lmao, this site is so detailed I'm still pretty ignorant. :P
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

Mauja wrote:I've just started on this game, but I'm interested in working on Arabians as well. If you want to use any of my horses for anything, let me know! Or if you have tips, because, lmao, this site is so detailed I'm still pretty ignorant. :P
Hi Mauja! Do you have any questions?
Have you already made a specific goal for yourself or are you just waiting where it all takes you? :)
Mauja
Visit My Farm

Post by Mauja »

nyraeia wrote:
Mauja wrote:I've just started on this game, but I'm interested in working on Arabians as well. If you want to use any of my horses for anything, let me know! Or if you have tips, because, lmao, this site is so detailed I'm still pretty ignorant. :P
Hi Mauja! Do you have any questions?
Have you already made a specific goal for yourself or are you just waiting where it all takes you? :)
So far I'm just trying to make some stronger racing horses!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:16 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:16 am