Community Forum

Standardbred

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
BrokenOak
Visit My Farm

Re: Standardbred

Post by BrokenOak »

Sure I'll take her. See if i can breed a few of my own to breed her with. She will be a good start to my program
Anne
Visit My Farm

Post by Anne »

BrokenOak wrote:Sure I'll take her. See if i can breed a few of my own to breed her with. She will be a good start to my program
Okay. :) How much would you like me to put her up for? I don't care about money, I just don't want someone else to buy her before you do, so it's up to you. I wish we had a trading system.

I have this boy to spare also now, if you want him?

BrokenOak
Visit My Farm

Post by BrokenOak »

Anne wrote:
BrokenOak wrote:Sure I'll take her. See if i can breed a few of my own to breed her with. She will be a good start to my program
Okay. :) How much would you like me to put her up for? I don't care about money, I just don't want someone else to buy her before you do, so it's up to you. I wish we had a trading system.

I have this boy to spare also now, if you want him?

Well I would want to be fair since they are the start of a breed that is quite new and rare. I would love both of them for 3,000 each?
Anne
Visit My Farm

Post by Anne »

BrokenOak wrote:Well I would want to be fair since they are the start of a breed that is quite new and rare. I would love both of them for 3,000 each?
Alright, they're for sale. Buy em quick! And good luck. :)
BrokenOak
Visit My Farm

Post by BrokenOak »

Got them! Thank you so much. I can't wait to work on my herd.
Anne
Visit My Farm

Post by Anne »

You're very welcome! I'm glad to see someone pick up the breed, since they were just a stepping stone for me.
Toxxii
Visit My Farm

Post by Toxxii »

It's been a while since I looked here; is anyone else still actively aiming for Standardbreds?

I successfully bred my first the other day, a palomino colt who is doing awesome in Harness Racing. Haven't put him up for stud as I don't want him producing masses of foals, but if anyone needs some 'new blood' give me a yell and we can work something out. He's 17.64% COI so leaves a little to be desired there, but he doesn't have any reads, so that's a start.

Also, would be very interested in buying a Standardbred mare if anyone has one they're thinking about selling!
Lakewood
Visit My Farm

Post by Lakewood »

I have started working towards the Standardbred on both of my accounts. I have already managed to breed a Canadian pacer and a Morgan but I still have a lot to do :)
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

I have a really strong herd built up right now. Most of greens (1 to 2) in there breeders report along with good to average marks. I rehome most of the colts and soon I will have some fillys for sale - if anyone is interested just shoot me a message and we will see what we can work out. :)

I have many breeding programs going - more than I know what to do with. Does anyone else have this problem?
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Lakewood
Visit My Farm

Post by Lakewood »

Noooo! Don't rehome your colts! I might be interested in buying them at some point. 8-)
Become a Patron!