The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Stunning Akhal-Tekes

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Golden Lotus Stables
Visit My Farm

Stunning Akhal-Tekes

Post by Golden Lotus Stables »

Hi:)

My breed of focus would be to breed fancy Akhal-Teke horses, excelling in racing disciplines

To obtain an Akhal-Teke cross Turkmene X Akhal-Teke as simple as that.

Country of origin is Turkmenistan. A breed that is known for its colors and its metallic sheen in its coat especially with palominos and buckskins were named "Golden Horses".Its fine looking breed and also is known as very versatile. They can perform in any sport apart from pulling as they are considered a very light breed. Known for speed, stamina, intelligence and determination, they are also know as a one owner horse.
They stand between 14.2-16h

Image Image

More to come later

Thanks
Last edited by Golden Lotus Stables on Thu May 18, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
desertrose984
Visit My Farm

Re: Akhal-Teke/Turkmene

Post by desertrose984 »

i have several nice ones,i thought i would try arab but for some reason they are not breeding well,got my first turk foal and has a green stat already!
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

I need/want beautiful Tekes and Turkmenes as a secondary goal.
Currently, I have [NYR] Erlkönig up for stud and - coming up soon - [NYR] Chronologist.

ImageImage

Erlkönig has already produced 4 foals with greens in Speed, unfortunately he has a weakness in Strength.
I'm very excited to see what Chronologist's foals will be like.
Emilyjane1
Visit My Farm

Post by Emilyjane1 »

nyraeia wrote:I need/want beautiful Tekes and Turkmenes as a secondary goal.
Currently, I have [NYR] Erlkönig up for stud and - coming up soon - [NYR] Chronologist.

ImageImage

Erlkönig has already produced 4 foals with greens in Speed, unfortunately he has a weakness in Strength.
I'm very excited to see what Chronologist's foals will be like.
my friend TBE has a akhel teke filly that looks just like the golden one :D
Randi Potos
Visit My Farm

Post by Randi Potos »

I'm breeding Tekes on this ranch. I have several decent stallions that are occasionally up for stud. Unfortunately I tend to get pretty nice colts and fair or below average fillies. Meh.

They are part of my TB breeding goal, so I'm selecting for speed, decent breeding reports and good evaluations for TB.
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

Randi Potos wrote:Unfortunately I tend to get pretty nice colts and fair or below average fillies. Meh.
Yeah, I have the same problem, across many different breeds.
Golden Lotus Stables
Visit My Farm

You guys are lucky had no luck in finding a a rare Turkmene from adoption store as of yet. Trying not to buy any as I want a clean line . I am sort of aiming as well for TB breeding to
Neon
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon »

I'm selling a Buckskin Teke colt if you're interested :)
Golden Lotus Stables
Visit My Farm

Thanks Neon:) im now set on few cream Turks lol
Kilynn
Visit My Farm

Post by Kilynn »

Just started 2 days ago.
managed to breed my mare to a nice stallion just before he crossed the rainbow bridge. Have high hopes for the foal. Going more for stats than color. I wanted to strengthen up the line a bit before starting on a custom breed and will hopefully be able to keep a strong Turk line as well. I've played other horse breeding games so I'm not exactly stumbling on my feet, just feeling my way around and hoping to contribute to the game and community.

MY goals:
Breed goal 1 - Better Turkomene
Breed Goal 2 - Kathiawari and Baladi
Breed Goal 3 - Mawari

My mare tests 81% on Turk and Marwari, 70% on Kath and Baladi.

If anyone has any eventing prospects they have no room for, I'd really love to make arrangements.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:37 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:37 pm