The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

The Belgian Horse

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
kidhedera
Visit My Farm

Re: The Belgian Horse

Post by kidhedera »

Virgo wrote:Hey guys! Thanks for joining in on the convo, I've been hoping some people would come chat about Belgian stuff.

(...)

Thank you for using my stud! I have been watching your filly grow, you bred her pretty well! If you ever need any breedings in the future, just shoot me a PM and I will lower the stud fee for you. I've got several black studs at the moment with different body types. Are you currently standing any studs? I'm trying to breed horses that will be built to compete in different competitions, some that are a little bit "sportier" than Belgians. I've got waaaay too many to enter in the log pull!
I'm enjoying watching that filly too, she's a pretty little thing. I'm trying to figure out who to breed her to when she's old enough. She's got quite a bit of wriggle room as far as bulk goes, but I don't want to lose the black to one of my many bay stallions. I also want to get her offspring from "pony type" to 'horse type'.

Thanks for the offer regarding your stallions! I definitely want to breed some belgian into my stock to counteract the fact I plan on using a lot of arabian, turkmene and north african barb stock for colours.

I don't have any of my horses up for stud yet, mostly because I want to keep the bloodlines semi-private for a little while, until I have some boys that really add some value to even a novice breeders project.
BUT I'm more than willing to stud by request, so by all means look around. You want the "Studs Pasture", "Young Competitors Pasture" and "Competitors Barn".

For making your sporty Belgians, I'd probably consider Tillia's Titan. I love his colour, and he's good and leggy looking, but he's still nice and bulky, (body size 75.5). He does well as a hunter, and has reasonable stats.
Another good choice is Alba's Grogan. He's very similar, but bay. Somehow he's already a level 10 Hunter, although I honestly don't know how that happened. I must have entered him in a L10 hunter competition last night by accident.
They are both decended from the same stallion, Sequoia who in general produces most excellent foals, so you could always just go direct to the source. :)

Anyway, let me know if you want one of those up for stud and we can make the arrangements. I'll probably charge $500.
Alexis
Visit My Farm

Post by Alexis »

kidhedera wrote:
Alexis wrote:I'm not really breeding Belgians as a main thing, just have a couple for fun, but I have this guy if anyone is interested, http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/227 Sorry I don't know how to post an image of him.
If you mean that big black fellow, I wouldn't mind using him at least once. I'm trying to breed black 4* friesian-rated Forest Horses with feathering. Ive got one 4*Friesian-rated belgianxNAB filly from one of virgo's studs, but I'll need one other unrelated black belgian at least.
Yep, that's him haha.
Virgo wrote:Hey guys! Thanks for joining in on the convo, I've been hoping some people would come chat about Belgian stuff.
Alexis wrote:I'm not really breeding Belgians as a main thing, just have a couple for fun, but I have this guy if anyone is interested, http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/227 Sorry I don't know how to post an image of him.
That's a really nice foundation stud. I'll list him on the original post if you'd like. :)
Sure that is fine :)
Alexis
Visit My Farm

Post by Alexis »

Actually, you can add me to the breeders list, I'm starting to really like playing around with Belgians :D
Virgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Virgo »

Alexis wrote:Actually, you can add me to the breeders list, I'm starting to really like playing around with Belgians :D
Awesome!! :) Adding you now.
For your consideration

Knightshade
Metallic Smokey Black Belgian Stallion
#1 Log Pull and Marathon Driving Horse of All Time | RH Level 10: 54.31 ft | $5,000 LC
Virgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Virgo »

In need of stallions for stud to list!!
For your consideration

Knightshade
#1 Log Pull and Marathon Driving Horse of All Time | RH Level 10: 54.31 ft | $5,000 LC
Alexis
Visit My Farm

Post by Alexis »

I'm not really good with links and such but all the stallions in my stallion pasture are up for stud.
Virgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Virgo »

Alexis wrote:I'm not really good with links and such but all the stallions in my stallion pasture are up for stud.
Could you please respond to this with their names and just a short comment about each of them? :)
For your consideration

Knightshade
Alexis
Visit My Farm

Post by Alexis »

Um yeah I can try haha. All but one don't have names so I'll have to think of some haha.
tussock
Visit My Farm

Post by tussock »

Most of my horses are Belgians, working on getting a large 4* colt/stallion without reds in grey. Whenever that happens he will be up for stud.
sableantelope
Visit My Farm

Post by sableantelope »

Hello,
I love draughts, my own horse growing up was a palomino pinto drum horse(though my family raised standardbred trott racers) so the draughts are near and dear to my heart!
I always have a few belgians around.
I'm happy to let any other draught lovers breed to my studs for the minimum cost($1) if you can just tell me how to set that up. I only have one account and wont be getting another so my guys tend to come and go quickly. Just send me a message!
(the forum here doesn't work very well with my software for visually impaired persons)

Have a nice day, everyone!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm