The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Hanoverian

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Rikkiri
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Hanoverian

Post by Rikkiri »

The Hanoverian
Black Tie stud from Triad Farms

Breeding Goal
Directly from The American Hanoverian Registry
The breed retains the substantial bone, sturdiness and stamina of its heritage: nearly 300 years ago the Hanoverian was bred to serve as a robust carriage and military horse. Since the end of World War II, the breeding goal has been to exclusively produce a more versatile performance horse. Breeding stock is very carefully inspected and selected for correct conformation, athletic ability and inner qualities such as disposition and trainability. The Hanoverian has natural impulsion and light and elastic gaits characterized by a ground-covering walk, a floating trot, and a soft, round, rhythmic canter.

Breeding Advice
Keep in mind, these desired traits are taken straight from the Hanoverian Society, and are known characteristics of the breed.
  • Size should be an average of approximately 16.1h with a big frame and well defined outline.
  • Should not be too stocky or rough, head should match the size of the horse's body with no roman nose or dished face.
  • Neck; well proportioned developed, growing smaller towards the head \; light and flexible connection between neck and head (light poll), set at right angle to the shoulder with a clear and well muscled crest to the top.
  • a long, sloping shoulder, clearly pronounced withers, extending far back an connected to a slightly downward pointing top line.
  • rectangular horse, big outline and compact with harmonious top line, in other words long neck, sloping shoulder \; long withers \; a long enough back \; broad, well muscled loins \; long, sloping, well muscled croup \; body, divided about even into forehand, middlepiece and hind quarters \; a deep enough chest with compact flanks.
Current Breeders Updated 2/4/16
Blackwood Stud
Questhaven

Studs
Samhain - Grulla Hanoverian - Downhill Build - Fee: $10,000
October Strife - Seal Brown Hanoverian - Small Head - Fee: $10,000

Breed's Need
[Arab x NAB] x [NAB x Forest] = WAB
[Tarpan] x [Przewalski x Tarpan] = Mongolian
[Tarpan x Mongolian] x [Tarpan x WAB] = Sorraia
WAB x Sorraia = Carthusian
[Sorraia x Carthusian] x [Sorraia x WAB] = Andalusian
[Arab x Andy] x Forest Horse = Friesian
Przewalski x Tarpan = Exmoor Pony
[Friesian x Exmoor Pony] x Exmoor Pony = Galloway
Arabian x Turkmene = Akhal-Teke
[Arab x NAB] x [Akhal-Teke x Galloway] = TB
[TB x Trakhner] x [Cleveland Bay x Norfolk Trotter] = Holstein
[Mongolian x Turkmene] x [Arab x TB] = Trakhner
TB x [NAB x Arab] = Cleveland Bay
[TB x Cleveland Bay] x Cleveland Bay = Norfolk Trotter
[Thoroughbred x Trakhner] x [Cleveland Bay x Norfolk Trotter] = Holstein
TB x Holstein = Hanoverian

Breeders
Blackwood Stud
Questhaven
Last edited by Rikkiri on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Loki - Black #1 Ranked TB Stud
Samhain - Metallic Grullo Ranked #1 Hanoverian Stud
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Re: Hanoverian

Post by Questhaven »

I too am focused on the Hanoverian. :)
QHF
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Post by Questhaven »

I too am focused on the Hanoverian. :) We will need the Holstein I believe because the Hanoverian is the TB x Holstein.
QHF
reyn
Visit My Farm

Post by reyn »

I'm working towards Knabstrups so need a lot of these breeds too :). I currently have some TBs, WABs, Exmoors, Mongolians and Akhal-Tekes, and I'm currently using these to produce the next breeds needed along the line. If anyone wants to use some of my studs (or indeed some of my mares) I have some horses on this account, and a lot sitting in my other account (reyn2) waiting for when they are needed.
Rikkiri
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Rikkiri »

Oh, whoops. Yea, I wrote down the Holstein cross wrong. Go figure. I have it all written down for reference and I just typed out Hanoverian instead of Holstein. I keep getting Exmoor and WAB colts, I've kept one Exmoor so far, for the future. I'll keep my studs up for anyone's use too.
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

I have NT x CB and Tb x trak crosses waiting for the Holstein update. Having the hardest time getting a pure CB. Not easy.
Looking forward to sharing our accomplishments!!
QHF
Chelle
Visit My Farm

Post by Chelle »

I'm working towards the Dutch Warmbloods so Hanoverians will be my next project after the breed update for the Holsteins, I'm waiting on them to continue my breeding progress I've gotten all the other breeds so far up to them :)
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Post by Questhaven »

I am selling off foundation stock to make room for the Holstein foals coming later this week. I am selling from both my accts. if interested I posted links in the horses for sale forum
QHF
Rikkiri
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Rikkiri »

I've hit Carthusian and Half Thoroughbreds... but I've overrun myself with WAB's and WABxTarpan's. I feel like I need more variety though. They are all from the same Stud pretty much. Any of you have good Sorraia's? Not much to choose from on the For Stud search.
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

No I have mostly, CB, NT, TB,TRAK and those crosses.
qhf
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:44 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:44 am