The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Hanoverian

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Re: Hanoverian

Post by Questhaven »

Checking in, is anyone still working on Hanoverians? I am working on improving movement stats of mine.

QHF
Chelle
Visit My Farm

Post by Chelle »

I've moved on to the Dutch warmbloods but I'm pretty sure I still have a handful of Hanoverians for sale for cheap on my other account chelle2 I know a lot are 1st and 2nd generation with low genetic coi I can't remember how good their breeder reports are though
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Post by Questhaven »

Chelle wrote:I've moved on to the Dutch warmbloods but I'm pretty sure I still have a handful of Hanoverians for sale for cheap on my other account chelle2 I know a lot are 1st and 2nd generation with low genetic coi I can't remember how good their breeder reports are though
Chelle, I checked out your boys when you first put them up. Very nice. I am swimming in boys now. :)

I was wondering who else was focusing on Hanoverians. They are my primary focus along with dressage. I use my second account for Holsteins and TB but basically to get better Hanoverians.

AND I am super excited to get my first green trait for dressage. I like this guy so much I am training him. I haven't trained any horses yet so it a big deal. lol.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/159840

QHF

P.S. And i just clicked back and realized he just earned a dressage title. I am so proud! :)
Randi Potos
Visit My Farm

Post by Randi Potos »

I dabble in Hano's on this ranch. I have some first gen Hanos and second gen Half Hanos. Green temp on a few of my boys, working towards over-all breeder report improvement and conformation, at the moment. This ranch is slow though, since I only log on sporadically.

A couple of mine-

http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/7863
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Randi Potos wrote:I dabble in Hano's on this ranch. I have some first gen Hanos and second gen Half Hanos. Green temp on a few of my boys, working towards over-all breeder report improvement and conformation, at the moment. This ranch is slow though, since I only log on sporadically.

A couple of mine-

I really like your stallion. I got a few nice mares out of him. :)
Randi Potos
Visit My Farm

Post by Randi Potos »

QuesthavenFarms wrote:
Randi Potos wrote:I dabble in Hano's on this ranch. I have some first gen Hanos and second gen Half Hanos. Green temp on a few of my boys, working towards over-all breeder report improvement and conformation, at the moment. This ranch is slow though, since I only log on sporadically.

A couple of mine-

I really like your stallion. I got a few nice mares out of him. :)
Thank you. :) I got lucky with a few nice first gen boys to work with, and I have some nice grade mares to cross with them. Once I get some of these Trak's sold I'll be able to focus my herd a bit more.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Hey everybody! I'm going to randomly pop in now. lol

I purchased this Hanoverian stallion:
Cut-Throat Advantage

Is breeding/showing Hanoverians a good path? I have no idea. I breed for the draft breeds and have just now started to think about a Hanoverian program. Is there money in Hanoverians? I know not such a good reason, but I have (and still working) on all the breeds I set out on creating. So I'm looking for a new breed that will turn a profit both in stud fees, selling, and most important shows. So far this guy has proven himself in stud fees and shows, but do they all do that??

Ace
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:
Is breeding/showing Hanoverians a good path? I have no idea. I breed for the draft breeds and have just now started to think about a Hanoverian program. Is there money in Hanoverians? I know not such a good reason, but I have (and still working) on all the breeds I set out on creating. So I'm looking for a new breed that will turn a profit both in stud fees, selling, and most important shows. So far this guy has proven himself in stud fees and shows, but do they all do that??

Ace
Not sure if their is great money in them but they sure are pretty and I enjoy them. I think good money can be made with a breed that hasn't been made that lots of folks with need for other breeds. I made a good deal on Holstein stud fees when there weren't any other Holstein studs on the market. I don't really put my Hanoverian studs up very much so I am not sure if they would make money. I want make them better dressage horses that's my main focus.
Chelle
Visit My Farm

Post by Chelle »

I used to breed hanoverians as well and have some for sale still on my other account. I think that with all the new appy patterns arriving that people have mainly focused on those and that's where I've seen the most profit at in horse sales/stud fees. Which is why I've incorporated color genes into my Dutch Warmblood herd.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Chelle wrote:I used to breed hanoverians as well and have some for sale still on my other account. I think that with all the new appy patterns arriving that people have mainly focused on those and that's where I've seen the most profit at in horse sales/stud fees. Which is why I've incorporated color genes into my Dutch Warmblood herd.
The Appy. patterns are beautiful, but they are killing my programs slowly. I don't want to mix in to much color in right now because my lines are based on color. Like my Belgians are all some form of Champagne and my Andalusians are all Zebra Buckskins. I have picked up a few to mix them into my programs that aren't based on color. It's getting challenging, the only way to compete on the market now is to have Appy. colored horses.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:46 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:46 pm