The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Hanoverian

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Re: Hanoverian

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

I am keeping my Hanoverians pure from the color virus ;) in case when we get registration they won't be disqualified. If I could go back in time, I would have keep them all chestnut black and bay. but can't do that.
So I am having fun making POA in my second account and letting my Hanos take a break for a while until the mania is over and everyone is looking for horse with no color genes. LOL
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Smart! It is a virus though, I can't find to many decent animals anymore because of it, all the breeders with "colorless" stock aren't selling - like you - and hoping the virus will pass. It is fun though, I started two color programs just to see what will happen.

Do you know if we will ever have to do registration?
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Chelle
Visit My Farm

Post by Chelle »

Yeah that's the reason why I added color into my breeding program as well, there just wasn't a profit anymore without it. I believe registrations are in the works for the future, how soon i'm not sure.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Registration could help the breeders who don't have huge color programs. The color horses do sell for allot more than they did before, of the same breed I mean.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Chelle
Visit My Farm

Post by Chelle »

QuesthavenFarms wrote:I am keeping my Hanoverians pure from the color virus ;) in case when we get registration they won't be disqualified. If I could go back in time, I would have keep them all chestnut black and bay. but can't do that.
So I am having fun making POA in my second account and letting my Hanos take a break for a while until the mania is over and everyone is looking for horse with no color genes. LOL
I was worried about this too when I started adding color into my dutch warmblood herd. But I know in real life there are many warmblood registries (especially Oldenburg and Rheinland-Pfalz-Saar ) that do allow color. Whether or not that will be incorporated on hwo I am not sure (I still have many of my solid colored broodmares/stallions kept on hold in case it's not). This rl farm i linked below is an example of some pretty prestigious painted warmblood horses that are registered.
http://www.silverwoodfarm.com/stallions.html
Chelle
Visit My Farm

Post by Chelle »

I've also been curious as to when 'normal' white markings will be added as well (white leg patterns-coronets, pasterns, stockings, etc and white facial markings-stripes, snips, stars, bald face etc). As these would be normal for a majority of horses breeds except Friesians of course and some others i can't think of right now.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Haha! I was having the same thoughts, It would also be nice if the paint/pinto coloring could be introduced.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Katstica
Visit My Farm

Post by Katstica »

This little girl is so strange! She looks nothing like either of her parents and is so TINY. Have no idea how I ended up with this little pipsqueak.

Expected her to be grey, but she ended up a solid bay. Not to mention that she has +18 movement confo, and I have NO IDEA where that came from. Her sire has -2 movement confo, and mother wasn't anything notable either. She's a funny little gal for sure.
cutout © bundy-stock@da, background © selvastock@da
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

But she sure is darn cute!
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Post by Questhaven »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:Smart! It is a virus though, I can't find to many decent animals anymore because of it, all the breeders with "colorless" stock aren't selling - like you - and hoping the virus will pass. It is fun though, I started two color programs just to see what will happen.

Do you know if we will ever have to do registration?
If you see anyone in my barn you want to breed to or buy, let me know.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:08 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:08 pm