The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Knabstrupper

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Sakurada
Visit My Farm

Knabstrupper

Post by Sakurada »

Hello all this is my first time trying to breed a specific breed and not just breeding because they look pretty!

So far i have kept trying to breed my two horses North African Horse and Forest Horse to get the West African Horse but i am unsuccessful. So please if anyone has tips or have any of the horses listed below please let me know! I feel this will take a long time but i am super excited because Knabstrupper is my favorite breed! :)

They are usually between 15.2-16.0hh but they can also be in pony sizes, 14.2.
The Knabstupper breed was first established in 1812 in Denmark. The are known to do well in Dressage and Show Jumping as well as general riding, Carriage horses and to perform in the circus. Knabstupper can be a solid color but is well known for it's leopard coat and any variety in between.

SPANISH BARB

North African Barb x Forest Horse= West African Barb
Tarpan x West African Barb= Sorraia
Sorraia x West African Barb=Andalusian
Thoroughbred x [Arabian x Thoroughbred]=Anglo-Arabian
[Arabian x Sorraia] x North African Barb= Spanish Jennet
[Spanish Jannet x West African Barb] x [Andalusian x West African Barb]=Spanish Barb

FREDERIKSBORG

[Prezwalski Horse x Tarpan] x Tarpan=Mongolian
[Turkmene x Mongolian] x [Arabian x Thoroughbred]=Trakhner
Thoroughbred x [Arabian x North African Barb]=Cleveland Bay
[Thoroughbred x Cleveland Bay] x Cleveland Bay=Norfolk Trotter
[Thoroughbred x Trakhner] x [Norfolk Trotter x Cleveland Bay]=Holstein
Thoroughbred x Holstein=Hanoverian
[Andalusian x Anglo- Arabian] x Hanoverian=East Friesian
[Andalusian x East Friesian] x [North African Barb x Thoroughbred]=Oldenburg
[Spanish Barb x East Friesian] x [Arabian x Oldenburg]=Frederiksborg

Spanish Barb x Frederiksborg = KNABSTRUPPER!
Last edited by Sakurada on Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reyn
Visit My Farm

Re: Knabstrupper

Post by reyn »

I seem to be the only person breeding these! I own all 16 horses, and have started to breed spots in to them now.... If anyone else would like to take up the challenge I'd love to get a bit of new blood out there :D!

.Cc. Glær

.Cc. Blóðughófi

.Cc. Hamskerpir
Last edited by reyn on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reyn
Visit My Farm

Re: Knabstrupper

Post by reyn »

I've successfully started to introduce green and yellow stats to my Knabstrupper lines, and just generally trying to improve the breed and add more blood since I still seem to be the main breeder! I have lots and lots of mixed and part Knabstruppers, and am now starting to get to the point where these are becoming full Knabstruppers. Here is my first batch with green and gold stats :).

.Cc. Arngrim

.Cc. Sigrún

.Cc. Bödvar Bjarki

.Cc. Einherjar
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:31 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:31 am