Community Forum

Marwari

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Brunonade
Visit My Farm

Re: Marwari

Post by Brunonade »

Hello, I'm going to keep up in the chats involving Marwaris and I plan to breed them.
I myself have lived in india and have owned a gray marwari (although selling him was hard as he is not tall and definitely not a prized one)
In punjab everyone breed pure white (white gene) horses for the temples and shows so my long term plan is to breed exactly that. I find this site LACKS paint and socked marwaris even though they are super common in india.
My indian pony had white socks, a white face and even a white patch on his tummy (only like ive seen on clyesdales)
would love to see what other breeders create but most excited to see patches and socks come in.
Sunpath
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunpath »

Brunonade wrote:I find this site LACKS paint and socked marwaris even though they are super common in india. .
Well, that would be because the genetics for paints, blazes and socks aren't implemented in the game yet.
Brunonade
Visit My Farm

Post by Brunonade »

Neither is the white gene as i've discovered :/ disappointed
Brunonade
Visit My Farm

Post by Brunonade »

Hey I need some help with creating Marwaris!!!!!
I started off with a Turk and crossed her with Arabs (all fine, great marwari evaluations) However the majority of her foals were classed as Akhal Teke, When I went on to breed these Akhal teke foals with Kathawiaris I ran into an issue. I created one foal (Padosin)= if anyone is interested to look at her) Who had the perfect marwari evaluation and all the right breeds but is not a marwari. My question is... IS it because her mother was classified as Akhal-teke rather than Turk x Arab? If so is there anything i can do about this?
Brunonade
Thank you
Sunpath
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunpath »

Brunonade wrote:Hey I need some help with creating Marwaris!!!!!
I started off with a Turk and crossed her with Arabs (all fine, great marwari evaluations) However the majority of her foals were classed as Akhal Teke, When I went on to breed these Akhal teke foals with Kathawiaris I ran into an issue. I created one foal (Padosin)= if anyone is interested to look at her) Who had the perfect marwari evaluation and all the right breeds but is not a marwari. My question is... IS it because her mother was classified as Akhal-teke rather than Turk x Arab? If so is there anything i can do about this?
Brunonade
Thank you
Yes, that is the case.

An Akhal-Teke can't replace a Turk x Arab, hence
[Turk x arab] x Kathiawari = Marwari (this might not result in a marwari depending on the marwari evaluation of the parents)
Akhal-Teke x Kathiawari = Not a marwari

As for doing something about it... All you can do is to not use Akhal-teke to breed marwari. You can't change the classification of a horse.

What you could do with your mare, if it is a really good mare, cross her with a marwari. And then you keep breeding each generation to marwari until you have a pure marwari.
Brunonade
Visit My Farm

Post by Brunonade »

Thank you so much I will use this advice :D
Queenie
Visit My Farm

Post by Queenie »

Hi guys! I dropped off the earth and am now trying to get back into it.

Aatma's my pride and joy but he did quite a bit of breeding while I was gone and like Sunpath said, I'd like to avoid a situation if I can avoid it in regards to inbreeding.

That being said, if he's super prevelant in pedigrees I'll keep him down. if it's not an issue then I'll put him back up.

Anyway, I'm gearing towards endurance type horses and while I'm eventually hoping to introduce rabicano and paint into the mix, right now I'm sitting pretty on a pile of bays, grays and chestnuts. I'll let y'all deal with bringing other colors into the breed (that I'll happily stud my mares into), I'm just shooting for solid comp/statted horses, lol
Brunonade
Visit My Farm

Post by Brunonade »

Hello Queenie, I have been desprate to get a chestnut Marwari and thou i've been trying to breed my own... if you have a stallion I would REALLY love to be able to breed with him... Thank you
Queenie
Visit My Farm

Post by Queenie »

I have Khatri (who I see you already found) on my broodmare/training account (QueenB), so I've officially got one grey, one bay (with another on the way; I'm excited for Khabra! No negative strength :] ) and one chestnut stud. Also have 5 foals on the way that will hopefully have good stats and maybe be something other than those three colors, lol
QueenB
Visit My Farm

Post by QueenB »

My mares did not disappoint me with my fillies this round, including Abha, who's stats could be better but she's my first non-Gray/chestnut/bay Marwari. Hopefully breeding her to Khabra will sort out the negative/neutral stats. Amita looks like a dark chestnut/light bay who might gray out for now and I'm pleased with her stats.

The colts are both half kathawari, which I've got no interest in so if anyone wants to pick them up for future cross breeding efforts, my interest in non-Marwari colts is minimal at best.

Edit; Amrit is beautiful with a nice breeding report, but not a Marwari :( That burns. Going to keep tossing his mom at his dad though since I like what they popped out report wise. Hopefully next one will be a Marwari or at least a part/mixed Kathawari so I can put it to another arab x turk cross.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:16 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:16 pm