The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Marwari

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Sunpath
Visit My Farm

Re: Marwari

Post by Sunpath »

Skraythrax wrote:Sam's beautiful champagne color came from my Golden Gunsmoke (after I talked Thaddeus out of rehomeing her!) which I sold to KnightofNi who ended up making Marwari's with her. Thaddeus and I are thinking of helping with this Marwari project. I would second putting Sam up for stud, he's a great horse.
The more the better! We sort of need more marwaris. As far as I can see in the stud pages, the horses are either related to "my" line or marwaris or another line. There's just two to pick from and while inbreeding doesn't give any negative effects in game, I would still like to see that it wasn't a permanent solution for keeping the breed alive.

And like I said, we need color. Like, lots of 'em. Right now I am focusing my breeding efforts only on color, I am being too lazy to estimate stats and combine breeding reports. With more horses around there will be a foundation to work on when trying to improve the breed anyway.
Sunpath Acres brand: - Ṩᴬ -
Second account: SunpathAcres
kicara90
Visit My Farm

Post by kicara90 »

That would be extremely helpful as my non-gray mares are getting older now and I'll soon run out of breeding material.[/quote]

if you have a look through my Marwari pasture then if you see one you would like to use just tell me his name and I can put him up for stud for you/anyone else is welcome to ask as well. the price for stud of all of them is 1.[/quote]

I see that you have a lot of horses sired by Aatma. Aatma is one of the horses that I raised a while back and he is related to a lot of mine. :)

Could you put your stallion Sam up for stud for a couple of days? He has a good breeding report and a rare color, I think you would do the whol marwari community quite the favor if you kept him up for stud permanently.

I also spotted two mares with interesting colors. Would you be interested in selling Miscalculated Equation? Or Mis ColourBreak once she has had her foal?[/quote]

ok I have put him up for stud, I should also have some new Marwari stock coming soon as I feel like I need fresh blood so I am creating more Marwari horses from scratch and who knows they might have spots as I am using spotted Arabians.
Sunpath
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunpath »

I've had a good day this far. Produced these guys today:

Buckskin colt with green speed, directly decended from one of my best stallions yet:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/268787

Champagne filly sired by kicara90's Sam:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/270584

Seal brown filly, the only marwari I know of with this color:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/267628

The breeding reports could of course be better on them all, but right now I am aiming for the colors.
Sunpath
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunpath »

Valrven
Visit My Farm

Post by Valrven »

Im new to the game but would love to help out :) let me know what I need to do
Sunpath
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunpath »

Valrven wrote:Im new to the game but would love to help out :) let me know what I need to do
Welcome to the game! I hope you will enjoy your time here :)

Well... Breeding marwaris is a good start :D There should be a couple up for sale, some of them bred at my farm. Getting more marwaris out into the game is a good thing - no matter if you want to focus on good breeding reports or rare colors or both!
Sunpath
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunpath »

Update from Sunpath: I have managed to breed a spotted marwari. He has one red stat, but since he is probably the only spotted marwari around I am still going to keep him. Aside for the red stat he seems to have a good conformation and a decent breeding report.

Also, I used to just rehome the foals I didn't want to use in my breeding program, because I thought it was still impossible to sell horses. But since yesterday I have begun putting my foals up for sale and to my great surprise almost all of them have been sold within minutes of me putting them up for sale! This is really nice as I love the idea of my production actually being of use for someone else! Since yesterday I have sold about 10 foals, all to different members. So my conclusion is that people are either very interested in marwari, or we simply have a lot more members in the game nowdays.
Valrven
Visit My Farm

Post by Valrven »

@sunpath

Thanks for the welcome :) this is a really cool game, wish I'd found it earlier

I think I'll breed up some marwaris from scratch eventually to bring new blood but for now with my small farm I'll stick with buying some already established marwaris and outcross them as much as possible, without reducing quality.
Djeraya
Visit My Farm

Post by Djeraya »

I am willing to sell a young, exotic looking Turk x Arab mare to the right person if anyone is interested. She is metallic black cream and has green intelligence (+ racing/endurance pedigree and abilities).
Anide

I was not really intending to selling her in the first place, but I am not sure if I can breed Akhal-Tekes out of her and I have some other Teke-prospects so I could give her to someone who can make better use of her. If not, then that's fine :P
Sunpath
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunpath »

Djeraya wrote:I am willing to sell a young, exotic looking Turk x Arab mare to the right person if anyone is interested. She is metallic black cream and has green intelligence (+ racing/endurance pedigree and abilities).
Anide

I was not really intending to selling her in the first place, but I am not sure if I can breed Akhal-Tekes out of her and I have some other Teke-prospects so I could give her to someone who can make better use of her. If not, then that's fine :P
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to make the offer :) Right now I am, aside from breeding for color, trying to get some strength into my stock and as your mare has a red strength she's nothing for me, but I really think some of the other marwari breeders should check her out!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:49 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:49 pm