The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Kiger Mustangs

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
KigerBreeder
Visit My Farm

Re: Kiger Mustangs

Post by KigerBreeder »

Sure thing! As soon as she's available I'll let you know.
(I am breeding for color not conformation right now. First I'm making the primitive markings standard and then I can focus on form and performance etc.)
KigerBreeder
Visit My Farm

Post by KigerBreeder »

Actually Sweeper just passed on. I have several mares on both accounts. I have one you will like, Savannah who actually is a Zebra Dun. She is still a baby but when she reaches adulthood you are welcome to a foal from her, or you can have a foal from any of my horses just say the word. Most are prego at the moment, but let me know.
KigerBreeder
Visit My Farm

Post by KigerBreeder »

KigerQueen
Visit My Farm

Post by KigerQueen »

Same on my end. i have a few good colts as well. maybe a colt switch if you want lol. I want 5 more mares (hopefully not too related) and then i will stop worrying about just having pure bred kigers and focus on confo and stats better. i have 3 sooty buckskin (seriously dont know how i got 3 on the same day from 3 dif mares). two look good but my maximum sootie filly is kinda wonky.
KigerQueen
Visit My Farm

Post by KigerQueen »

Well excited about my two new colts! one i love his coloring and hope it turns out more gold. but the next colt got the luck of the draw. I got a Perlino! not exactly breed standard but its neat lol!

this is ~KQ~Thowra
I wouldn't get your hopes up about this one, he's rather weak. With a little training, this colt could become renowned for his speed. From the looks of things, this colt has an average amount of stamina. Well, he knows what to do with his feet, moves well which is good. This colt's pace corresponds with that of a high school drummer; too fast and too frequent! Doesn't seem to be very balanced, trips and stumbles a bit. Your colt's agility isn't anything to write home about. This colt seems to understand what I'm asking fairly well.

This is ~KQ~ Spirited King
I cannot be certain, but it seems he'll grow into a strong colt. He isn't the fastest colt around, but he isn't the slowest either. Your colt seems to have a good amount of stamina. About average movement, nothing special here. Fairly regular and even tempo, from what I've seen. Well, this colt doesn't have the worst balance, but definitely not the best either. Hard to tell how agile this colt is, seems about average. Your colt is sharp as a tack.
KigerQueen
Visit My Farm

Post by KigerQueen »

here is my perlino colt (now stud)!

i put him up for stud. if anyone wants to make a breeding deal let me know and i may run a low stud fee special.
MustangMaker
Visit My Farm

Post by MustangMaker »

Sorry. My internet got shut off for a while! Thank God nothing happens if you vanish....and now white is here. I bought an Appaloosa to get a head start since I missed a month. I know White is not standard but does show up in the wild ones, and it gives bicolored tails!! So that's my new project. So glad you have some nice colts! Congrats!
Babson Arabian
Visit My Farm

Post by Babson Arabian »

Disregard my post. My sister never logged out (this is Kiger Queen). i popped in to reply and thought i was in my account -_-'
Last edited by Babson Arabian on Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
KigerBreeder
Visit My Farm

Post by KigerBreeder »

Welcome! I'm glad you are breeding Kigers. :) I started by creating pure lines "from scratch" and then I added in some Tarpan blood to get the primitive lines on the back and hip and the zebra stripes. Nearly all of mine have the primitive markings. I am reserving some non-white Kigers and am nearly at 100% with the white. (My other account is MustangMaker)
KigerQueen
Visit My Farm

Post by KigerQueen »

ok back after a bit of a brake
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:09 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:09 am