Community Forum

Hispano Arabian

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Revenant
Visit My Farm

Hispano Arabian

Post by Revenant »

HISPANO ARABIAN (HISPANO-ARABE)
The four main components for evaluating a Hispano Arabian (HA/Ha’) can be found in its guidebook. This includes the ideal height, build, body size, and type. A Hispano Arabian added to the studbook should meet this ideal, however any purebred Hispano Arabian can be registered. Acceptable outcrosses include the Andalusian, Arabian, Baladi, and Thoroughbred.

HEIGHT: Mature Range 14.3hh to 16.0hh.
BUILD: Very Light to Medium Light.
BODY SIZE: 15% to 30%.
TYPE: 85% to 60% Horse Type.

-HWO-
CONFORMATION: The HA should be balanced, harmonious, and well-proportioned. The horse should be medium sized with a graceful, slender outline and with elegant, light movements. Average height is 15-16hh and average weight is 800-1,000 lb. The head is refined; “the neck is long, muscular, and well-arched”. “The shapely withers ensure good saddle placement. The body is full and strong with a large chest, deep and muscled with great depth through the heart girth.” The bone should be ample and extremely dense. The hooves should be extremely strong and well-shaped.

Head: Overall the head is pyramidal and small; the muzzle widens slightly. The nasal profile is straight or in an S shape. Ears are medium sized and mobile, separated at the base with tips often pointing towards one another. The forehead is broad and either flat or minutely arched. Eyes are expressive, large, and round; they are “level with the face [...] with marked orbital arches”. The face is straight or discretely subconvex. “The union of the cranial region with the facial region may show a sort of depression which forms the prolonged S shaped profile. The muzzle is wide and squared off, forming a clear angle to the face. The nostrils are open and project forwards. The lips are fine. The jawbone is extensive and has an angular edge.”

Body: “The trunk is strong and deep. The withers are pronounced and extend smoothly towards the back. The back slightly curved, ample loins which are muscular and horizontal and well-coupled both forward and back.” The croup can be flat, rectangular, strong, or slightly sloping. “The tail begins on the line projecting from the line of the croup [and] it is lifted considerably when the animal is in action. Deep chest, protruding thorax, with gently arched rib cage, open flanks, and the belly well tucked up.”

Limbs: “The legs are medium to long with good vertical lines.” Shoulders are long, “obliquely set” and wide. “[Upper arms] and forearms are strong and correctly positioned. Knee is large and neat. [Cannon bones] of good length and well defined tendons. Pasterns well proportioned and hooves of a size in accordance to the body size.” As for the hindquarters, the thighs are well-developed, both “the buttocks and gaskins are long”, and the “hocks are large and strong”. Lower hind legs are similar to lower front legs.

COLORS/PATTERNS: This horse can be of any color of their recognized parent breeds, which in real life includes the Andalusian/Pura Raza Espanola (PRE) and the Arabian; in game, this would include the Andalusian, Baladi, and Thoroughbred. Breeders may choose the more restricted option of the pair or the more extensive option of the trio.

Andalusian/Arabian: 1. Bay and black. Gray. After 2002, PRE horses have been allowed to be registered in all solid colors, including champagne, cream, and dun, but these dilutions are rare--chestnut was also added. 2. Bay, black, chestnut. Dominant white/white spotting, gray, rabicano, and sabino.
Andalusian/Baladi/Thoroughbred: 1. PRE: Bay and black. Gray. Chestnut and champagne/cream/dun dilutions rare. 2. Baladi: Bay, black, brown, chestnut. Gray. 3. Thoroughbred: Bay, black, brown, and chestnut. The Jockey Club also accepts “gray, roan, palomino, and white”. Genetically the Thoroughbred can offer cream and dominant white. “Roan” is more complicated. From White Horse Productions, “Until 1992, the roan gene did not exist in the Thoroughbred gene pool”. True roan then only comes from the Catch A Bird line and remains rare in Thoroughbreds, most horses registered as roan are actually gray. “Roan” can also mean rabicano, as seen in Colorful Tour and Skunktail. Thoroughbreds have at least W-mutations that result in dominant white/white spotting. Frame overo and splash have both popped up in Thoroughbreds, the first in the lines of Blue Gazi and Give Em The Axe and the second in the line of Hey What The. Thoroughbreds are also known to have Bend Or, Birdcatcher, and Chubari/Tetrarch spots.

DISCIPLINES: Suggested disciplines include English (ex: dressage, cross country, and show jumping); Western (ex: Western trail and working ranch); and racing (endurance).

OTHER: The HA has “a particular style of movement” [...] which demonstrates good elevation with ample extension without either being too pronounced.” The HA is easy to handle and responsive. The horse’s temperament should be docile but lively. The HA should be agile and strong, hardy and steady. “[These] horses can cope with harsh conditions without great effort.”
Revenant
Visit My Farm

Re: Hispano Arabian

Post by Revenant »

Studbook
Revenant
Visit My Farm

Post by Revenant »

Registry
Revenant
Visit My Farm

Post by Revenant »

Active Breeders
Revenant
Visit My Farm

Post by Revenant »

As an update to this project, right now I have three breeding pairs that may produce the first HA in the game.

If anyone would like to use my Thoroughbred x Andalusian stud, CP Persistent Memory, to produce their own HA, please let me know. Potentially other stock, including all founding breeds (Andalusian, Baladi, and Thoroughbred), may be available for breeding or sale.
Revenant
Visit My Farm

Post by Revenant »

I have compared my breeds' conformations to the conformation bonuses in game. This is what I believe is accurate and am using for my own herd, but isn't a requirement by far. This is just an example of my own opinion on the breed and the game mechanics.

As for the HA, here is my work-in-progress document. Feel free to copy but please mark who wrote it.

"
HISPANO ARABIAN (HA)
Head & Neck Conformation
  • Face Profile: Median to subconvex profile. Light head. (The ideal face profile is about median however a heavy head can inhibit speed, stamina, agility, and tempo while being an advantage to strength.)
    Face Length: Short to moderate face. (A slightly shorter face can enhance agility.)
    Jowl: Moderate to thick jowl. “The jawbone is extensive and has an angular edge.” (A thick jowl can hinder movement by restricting flexion at the poll.)
    Neck Length: Long neck. (A longer neck can enhance speed.)
Bonuses: Slight positive towards agility/speed/stamina/tempo (light head); agility (shorter face); and speed (long neck).

Shoulder & Barrel Conformation
  • Withers/Shoulder Angle: Sloping. (Sloping shoulders increase a horse's range of motion which is advantageous to movement and, to a lesser degree, tempo.)
    Point of Shoulder: High to moderate. (The point of shoulder helps determine the slope of the shoulders in combination with the withers. A lower point of shoulder increase the overall slope of the shoulder which is ideal for tempo, stamina, and movement.)
    Rib Cage: Gently arched. (Well sprung ribs are ideal for stamina as it can help increase a horse’s lung capacity by allowing more room for the lungs to expand.)
    Depth of Flank: Shallow to moderate flank. “Open flanks.” (A deep flank is ideal for stamina as it helps to increase the lung capacity while a shallow flank can be better for speed.)
Bonuses: Movement (and tempo; sloping withers/shoulder angle); slight positive towards stamina; speed or slight positive towards stamina.

Back, Haunches & Legs Conformation
  • Hip Angle: Moderate. (Flatter haunches enhances movement and to a lesser degree, balance. A sloping haunch enhances strength and balance.)
    Hip Length: Long. (A long hip is ideal for creating the power necessary for speed and strength.)
    Leg Thickness: Moderate. (Thick legs are an advantage to strength and balance but could decrease speed.)
    Stifle Placement: Moderate. (A forward placed stifle is ideal for agility while a set back stifle is ideal for movement.)
    Back Length: Moderate. (A slightly longer back is an advantage for tempo and balance, while a slightly medium to slightly shorter back is ideal for strength and agility.)
    Croup Height: Flat or slightly sloping. (A downhill built is advantageous to speed. A level build is ideal for agility and tempo.)
Bonuses: Speed/strength (long hip) and either agility/tempo (flat croup) or speed (downhill croup).

Total: Bonuses are speed (5), agility (3), stamina (3), tempo (3), movement (1), strength (1).

Best disciplines based on conformation are ones with speed, either single or doubled, and with 2-3 of the (3) bonuses. Unfortunately it would appear none of these exist, so we will rank disciplines by speed. Horses are suitable for all racing as well as Western barrel racing and pole bending.

Racing (2 spd)
Sprint racing (2 spd)
Harness racing (1st)
Pole bending (1st)
Steeplechasing (1st)
Barrel racing (agi + spd)
Endurance (stm + spd)"
Revenant
Visit My Farm

Post by Revenant »

Success! I have finally bred my first Hispano Arabian from my line. No purebred Hispano Arabian used. I believe this colt is one of the first few in the game. He will, of course, be up for stud ASAP. I will be repeating his cross probably a few times in hopes of getting a second or third Hispano Arabian. His sire, Nader, is also up for stud on my Kingsley account currently. If anyone would like to join in on this project, or who has accidentally bred Hispano Arabians, please let me know. I'd love some company.

Meet CP Navid Palomo!
Revenant
Visit My Farm

Post by Revenant »

As a small update, I am in love with one of Navid's daughters. She doesn't have the HGP or stats I'd want, but she's 4/5 with height maybe being a problem and she's pearl of some kind. Only problem is either I got really lucky with COI or it's not functioning quite right, because her parents are full-siblings and her COI is like 18%.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/734397
wildwoodstables
Visit My Farm

Post by wildwoodstables »

hello! i lease a hispano arabe IRL and am hoping to start breeding them in game. I currently have a few arab mares that are going to be bred to PRE studs! i would love to join you with this breed
Become a Patron!