The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Toy Arabians

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Kayaine
Visit My Farm

Toy Arabians

Post by Kayaine »

Hi all, so I wanted to start a breeding community for anyone who might be interested in helping me expand the stock of Toy Arabians in the game.

Breed History:
Toy Arabians as I have started breeding them are meant to be miniaturized versions of Arabians. They have been bred specifically to compete at In-Hand Jumping, but I've found they do equally well in Driven Dressage, Obstacle Driving, and Harness Racing. Because Toy Arabians are bred to compete at In-Hand Jumping, they should ideally be 9.0 hh or less, although, any Arabian that stands less than 10 hh fully grown or 24 inches or less at birth would qualify.

Goals:
The goal of this breeding community is to spread Toy Arabs throughout the community and stir interest in competing at In-Hand Jumping as well as to incorporate a wide array of colors and characteristics.

Breeding Advice:
Although some horses from my lines are available for stud, if you are interested in breeding your own line of Toy Arabians from scratch, I would give the following advice:
-Breed Purebred Arabians with either Caspians or Shetlands or any other small horse of your choosing. Cross the first offspring back to an Arabian to get higher than 50%, and take the shortest of these greater than 50% Arabian offspring and breed them together. At each generation, keep breeding the shortest horses you have back together to continue shrinking your Arabs down to size.
-When breeding with a pony type, make sure that you select and keep only those horses of very light to medium light build. Anything heavier, and your Arabs will look more like ponies than Arabs.

Example Horse:
Toy Princess ~DWM~
Record Holding Mare - Holds 9 of 10 records for In-Hand Jumping

Available Stallions:
All of the studs I have available can be found in this barn: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/23530
As there is a limit on the studs you can have available, there will often be only 1 or 2 actually up for stud, but if you see one you are interested in, please feel free to either PM or ping me, and I will put your choice up for you.

Stud Examples:

Owner: KayaineII
Name: Toy Prince ~DWM~
Height: 24 inches

Owner: KayaineII
Name: Toy Warrior ~DWM~
Height: 22 inches

Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Re: Toy Arabians

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Kayaine wrote:Hi all, so I wanted to start a breeding community for anyone who might be interested in helping me expand the stock of Toy Arabians in the game.
So to make a long story short I purchased a short Arabian mare - simply because I loved her colouring - and added her to my "normal" Arabian line just to see what would happen. That was when I remembered reading your post. Count me in! I would love to breed toy Arabians. I will be starting my own line from scratch after I finish my Morgans. For now I guess I'll breed to a few of your stallions?
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Kayaine
Visit My Farm

Post by Kayaine »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:
Kayaine wrote:Hi all, so I wanted to start a breeding community for anyone who might be interested in helping me expand the stock of Toy Arabians in the game.
So to make a long story short I purchased a short Arabian mare - simply because I loved her colouring - and added her to my "normal" Arabian line just to see what would happen. That was when I remembered reading your post. Count me in! I would love to breed toy Arabians. I will be starting my own line from scratch after I finish my Morgans. For now I guess I'll breed to a few of your stallions?

Awesome! I think I have 1 or 2 for stud, but if one's not for stud, just let me know which one you want. It may take a day or two for me to respond, though. I'm buying a house atm, so I'm pretty busy for the next week or so. "D
Raven
Visit My Farm

Post by Raven »

You are *insane* but in a positive way!
Thise "ponies" are amazing! I live them!! Maybe I will start breeding them too, when my TB will be at 5* haha
Kayaine
Visit My Farm

Post by Kayaine »

Raven wrote:You are *insane* but in a positive way!
Thise "ponies" are amazing! I live them!! Maybe I will start breeding them too, when my TB will be at 5* haha
Lool, thank you. I'm pretty fond of them. XD
Paitedcloud
Visit My Farm

Post by Paitedcloud »

I think I have a small mare that could be helpful for you, Toy Arabians breeders:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/504785
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Kayaine wrote:ping
I thought I would let you know: I have fallen in love with the Toy Arabians I purchased from you a while back. They are wonderful! SO much fun. :)
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
BananaDragonSide
Visit My Farm

Post by BananaDragonSide »

I'm interested in breeding them :D I won't start until my pregnant mares give birth and sell, and I get my Belgian Stock started, but I'll definitely start at some point :)
heartbeatforhorses
Visit My Farm

Post by heartbeatforhorses »

I love the idea of small Arabians! Arabians are popular, but they aren't really a horse that you think of as being small! :D
Claire_
Visit My Farm

Post by Claire_ »

hi i love them they are so adorable! anyways, is http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/406096 up for stud? i would love to breed him to one of my mares. Thanks :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:43 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:43 am