The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Konik

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Earienlasgalen
Visit My Farm

Re: Konik

Post by Earienlasgalen »

hello, as I own a real life Konik I wanted to try breeding true to IRL type koniks...who is trying to stick to grullo/brown dun colors? I'd be willing to buy a mare with good GP...and latter on, a grullo stud with some greens/golds would be great...any offers? My first tarpan/prewalski is a colt and I'm waiting for the birth of a forest horse/prewalski foal, I hope it will be a filly!
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Earienlasgalen wrote:hello, as I own a real life Konik I wanted to try breeding true to IRL type koniks...who is trying to stick to grullo/brown dun colors? I'd be willing to buy a mare with good GP...and latter on, a grullo stud with some greens/golds would be great...any offers? My first tarpan/prewalski is a colt and I'm waiting for the birth of a forest horse/prewalski foal, I hope it will be a filly!
Welcome!

Unfortunately, I don't have any Brown Duns or Grulla mares that I'm aware of (I'd need to age up to verify that). Most of mine are bay duns or black w/o dun based. I do have a couple of grullo studs/colts, I can offer some covers.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

Earienlasgalen wrote:hello, as I own a real life Konik I wanted to try breeding true to IRL type koniks...who is trying to stick to grullo/brown dun colors? I'd be willing to buy a mare with good GP...and latter on, a grullo stud with some greens/golds would be great...any offers? My first tarpan/prewalski is a colt and I'm waiting for the birth of a forest horse/prewalski foal, I hope it will be a filly!
I am working on getting some of my first Koniks. They will most likely be bay dun. They aren't the best genetics but they are going to be COI 0. Let me know if you want to see when I get some foals.
staka
Visit My Farm

Post by staka »

hi, I have a few knoiks that you can use for stud if you like.
Bombicilla
Visit My Farm

Post by Bombicilla »

I started new competition with 1kkk purse http://www.horseworldonline.net/competitions/view/44183
apparanch
Visit My Farm

Post by apparanch »

Bombicilla wrote:
crazy 8arb wrote:Hey There,

Have you got a 4 gold stud, without spots, with a height above 13.3hh? let me know please
Withought spots no :) Maybe this http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/769868
That is such a beautiful horse! If he's not been sold already I would definitely buy him but the most I can do is $5000
Earienlasgalen
Visit My Farm

Post by Earienlasgalen »

Boromir An Avel

my first homebred colt : no red, visible dun markings, standing mane => not too bad, but i would really need a darker mare to bred him with...

Earien An Avel

and my first mare, a bit too reddish to my liking but dun gene, decent genetics and standing mane are here

if you're looking for new blood, I'll be willing to exchange Boromir with a black based/brown based dun carrier stallion, even an older one (no reds please)
Earienlasgalen
Visit My Farm

Post by Earienlasgalen »

any konik breeders still around? I'm ready to sell Boromir (see post above)for a small price or exchange him for another konik stud as I got another stallion from the same mother....

here are some proven konik breeders if you want I can put any of them up for stud for 250$
Erwan An Avel

Eragon An Avel

and my favourite one (based on looks) Morgenstern An Avel
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Earienlasgalen wrote:any konik breeders still around? I'm ready to sell Boromir (see post above)for a small price or exchange him for another konik stud as I got another stallion from the same mother....

here are some proven konik breeders if you want I can put any of them up for stud for 250$
Erwan An Avel

Eragon An Avel

and my favourite one (based on looks) Morgenstern An Avel
I might be willing to purchase him
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Earienlasgalen
Visit My Farm

Post by Earienlasgalen »

Erwan An Avel has been used quite a lot lately, I hope a few nice konik colts will result

I've put a potential konik breeder mare for sale:
Nelfe An Avel

[quote=darklass]ping[/quote]

Tulip Country

I would kill to buy that mare (well, in my case, as I'm pretty poor, it means I can offer 10 k)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:20 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:20 pm