The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Vladimir Heavy Horse

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Re: Vladimir Heavy Horse

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

GoldenLotusStablesII wrote:seems tricky, coz all other aspects of the breed should be met, height can always be crossed for shorter or taller horse, but it even has to be right type, whether body type being a horse or pony, from very light to heavy setting lol its a tricky business indeed. I mean I have nothing to loose, I have good line of Tekes on the go but I will try for Budyonny as it is a breed of interest
Yes! Ugh. It's an interesting battle that's for sure.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
roesoftheshadows
Visit My Farm

Post by roesoftheshadows »

I am glad to see someone else working on it too, definitely love to have someone to cross stock with later on to keep inbreeding lower.
I am have high hopes for these two when I get to breed them, I definately like the colors that have been going on with my crosses, browns and blacks. Of course bay would be best but it wouldn't be too hard to breed in later on. I am missing feathers though.
¶ Midnight Dragon

¶ Chocolate cookie
GoldenLotusStablesII
Visit My Farm

Post by GoldenLotusStablesII »

lol yea it is a battle i lost once but not giving up second time.I have questioned also the breeding for Budyonny, it states crossing happened between Kazakh x kirgiz and not new kirgiz i have brought it up and so will see what happens.<coz that will make much easier to obtain the breed versus getting involved drafts crossing which doesn't make sense its a light horse
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

roesoftheshadows wrote:I am glad to see someone else working on it too, definitely love to have someone to cross stock with later on to keep inbreeding lower.
Yes! That made me happy to see. However, you seem to be keeping the black theme. Mine are more chestnut in coloring. Doesn't really matter in the long run though does it. Having two players breeding them is what matters! Any progress? I've been of for a few days so I haven't really done much...
roesoftheshadows wrote:I am have high hopes for these two when I get to breed them, I definately like the colors that have been going on with my crosses, browns and blacks. Of course bay would be best but it wouldn't be too hard to breed in later on. I am missing feathers though.
¶ Midnight Dragon

¶ Chocolate cookie
I'm missing feathers as well. I'm thinking I'll mix them in when the breed is completed. Perhaps take a strand of Belgian blood with feathering and mix it in.

Your horses are beautiful! I love the black coloring allot.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

GoldenLotusStablesII wrote:lol yea it is a battle i lost once but not giving up second time.I have questioned also the breeding for Budyonny, it states crossing happened between Kazakh x kirgiz and not new kirgiz i have brought it up and so will see what happens.<coz that will make much easier to obtain the breed versus getting involved drafts crossing which doesn't make sense its a light horse
Wow... that's not at all a challenge... (said with intense sarcasm)
|A∀| Atherton Hills
roesoftheshadows
Visit My Farm

Rodeo_Ace wrote: Yes! That made me happy to see. However, you seem to be keeping the black theme. Mine are more chestnut in coloring. Doesn't really matter in the long run though does it. Having two players breeding them is what matters! Any progress? I've been of for a few days so I haven't really done much...
I have been slowly working on it, I did another out cross and ended up with a 5* mare and in bay too.
¶ Chocolate Lady

All of my breedings though to my Suffolk Punch x Cleveland Bay resulted in grade horses so far. I am going to try to further improve that line too.
I have this mare who ranks 5* to create better Suffolk Punch x Cleveland Bays
¶ Atomic Fire

Rodeo_Ace wrote: I'm missing feathers as well. I'm thinking I'll mix them in when the breed is completed. Perhaps take a strand of Belgian blood with feathering and mix it in.
I recently had one pop up with feathers actually. Neither of her parents have them but she sure does. She is a 3* which isnt too terrible. I wonder how many of my horses carry the genes for feathers.
¶ Chocolate Sundae

Rodeo_Ace wrote:Your horses are beautiful! I love the black coloring allot.
Thank you! I really love the line of horses I have going on, the color seems to pass really well.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

roesoftheshadows wrote:dang!
It seems I'm spending to much time trying to make all the breeds perfect! You are already onto the final stage! I'm still trying to get my Clevelands to be full blood.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
roesoftheshadows
Visit My Farm

Rodeo_Ace wrote: It seems I'm spending to much time trying to make all the breeds perfect! You are already onto the final stage! I'm still trying to get my Clevelands to be full blood.
What I do is just try to get the crosses straight, I try to find the closest studs to what I want and breed them in hoping for a good outcome. I am lucky with the suffolks because I have a whole herd of them to choose from I just happened to have one that rated as a 5* At some point I need to open up my herd more for sale and stud and get the suffolk train rolling. LoL I think I currently own most of the population of suffolks.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

roesoftheshadows wrote: What I do is just try to get the crosses straight, I try to find the closest studs to what I want and breed them in hoping for a good outcome. I am lucky with the suffolks because I have a whole herd of them to choose from I just happened to have one that rated as a 5* At some point I need to open up my herd more for sale and stud and get the suffolk train rolling. LoL I think I currently own most of the population of suffolks.
I totally agree! You should open the line... I'm running into trouble with me blood. My COI is starting to shoot through the roof because I don't have any fresh blood to mix in.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

roesoftheshadows wrote:ping
Are you willing to put a few good Cleveland x Suffolk stallions up for stud? I'm having no luck with my Clevelands! My Shire x Percherons are there, but Clevelands are turning out to be a pain,
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:54 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:54 pm