The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Vladimir Heavy Horse

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Re: Vladimir Heavy Horse

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

12/28/2016

DOES ANYONE HAVE Percheron or Shire mares?!?!!

My little guy is all growdn up :)
.ℵṧ Freak Juice

New Shire mare - 20 years old - I'm desperate here people!
Tygrus That Shadow

I used to have a large line of both percherons and shires ... why did I sell them all!!??!!??
GoldenLotusStablesII
Visit My Farm

Post by GoldenLotusStablesII »

Rodeo_Ace do you happen to have few Cleveland bay, you could possibly cross for me, I will buy the foals.I keep hitting the wall with producing one not sure why, I know my crossing of NAB X Arab and are on average shorter, but hoping to cross with a tall Thoroughbred to get Cleveland bay but so far no luck
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

GoldenLotusStablesII wrote:Rodeo_Ace do you happen to have few Cleveland bay, you could possibly cross for me, I will buy the foals.I keep hitting the wall with producing one not sure why, I know my crossing of NAB X Arab and are on average shorter, but hoping to cross with a tall Thoroughbred to get Cleveland bay but so far no luck
I would love to! I'm currently still trying to get the "extra" blood from my lines. I have Appaloosa mixed in there for some odd reason. When I get my lines pure I will let you know!
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
GoldenLotusStablesII
Visit My Farm

That's perfect thank you, I will keep trying on my end as well.I am re-trying for Budyonny line, which I gave up on coz I couldn't get pass that point then lol
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

GoldenLotusStablesII wrote:That's perfect thank you, I will keep trying on my end as well.I am re-trying for Budyonny line, which I gave up on coz I couldn't get pass that point then lol
Oh the fun of new breeds. They are amazing when you get them, but trying to get them makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
GoldenLotusStablesII
Visit My Farm

lol no kidding, my crossings aren't even successful right this time, so im thinking I am just going to keep the crossings going and try next generation
roesoftheshadows
Visit My Farm

Post by roesoftheshadows »

Most of mine are turning out tiny, it doesnt even matter how tall the adults are half the time, I just get miniatures. I got lucky when I bred a suffolk. My first one only took 2 tries(the stallion died after so I only had 2 tries) I havent bred a new one since then. The only reason I bred Suffolks was to make a Vladimir.
¶ Chocolate cookie

¶ Chocolate Note
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

GoldenLotusStablesII wrote:lol no kidding, my crossings aren't even successful right this time, so im thinking I am just going to keep the crossings going and try next generation
Sounds like a plan. They will come out solid eventually! It will happen!
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

roesoftheshadows wrote:Most of mine are turning out tiny, it doesnt even matter how tall the adults are half the time, I just get miniatures. I got lucky when I bred a suffolk. My first one only took 2 tries(the stallion died after so I only had 2 tries) I havent bred a new one since then. The only reason I bred Suffolks was to make a Vladimir.
¶ Chocolate cookie

¶ Chocolate Note
It's really nice to see someone else is working on Vlads! I'm having trouble with with Suffolks being to short, and everything else way to dang tall! It seems that most breeders believe a Shire should be over 20 hands tall... why?
|A∀| Atherton Hills
GoldenLotusStablesII
Visit My Farm

seems tricky, coz all other aspects of the breed should be met, height can always be crossed for shorter or taller horse, but it even has to be right type, whether body type being a horse or pony, from very light to heavy setting lol its a tricky business indeed. I mean I have nothing to loose, I have good line of Tekes on the go but I will try for Budyonny as it is a breed of interest
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:53 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:53 pm