The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Vladimir Heavy Horse

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Re: Vladimir Heavy Horse

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Raikit wrote:
Rodeo_Ace wrote: OH MY GOSH!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! She is beautiful!!! I shall put her on the first page of this thread.

(Yes please! Put him up for stud)
Thanks! I'm so in love with her. :) And as a nice bonus she actually has feathers!

He's up now/
Yaya! I added you to the list of known breeders and put your girl up on the (third) top board so everyone knows! :)
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

Rodeo_Ace asked me what my process was for getting Jasmine, so I thought I'd share it here in case anyone is curious. There's a TL;DR at the bottom. :)
Steps... uh... lots of breeding? Lol. I got started with VHDs because I want to eventually breed Budyonnys. There weren't any New Kirgizs in existence so I had to get those first. But then there weren't any Vlads either! I need those to make the New Kirgiz, so there was my starting point.

So first I had to find a horse (preferably a mare) of any of the four component breeds to get started. I ended up purchasing Coral Blue - Suffolk x Norman Cob mare - and later Love Is Never Lost, a Shire mare. These two did well for me - Coral gave me this Suffolk boy who ended up being the sire of the Suffolk X CB that sired Jasmine (the VHD filly) and Love gave me three beautiful fillies that ended up working out well for my program. I did have to do a lot of crossing back and forth - one horse would come out too small, another too big, so breed them together and hope they come out somewhere in the middle.

My biggest issue was the Cleveland Bays. Nothing was for sale and none of the stallions available seemed like they could work that well. What I ended up doing was crossing BD Peard with one of the mares from my spots project - Jeweller - to end up with a half CB mare. I couldn't use this mare directly with a Suffolk because she wasn't a high enough CB percent to get the cross I needed so I ended up breeding her with Timberlake C, another CB at public stud. From that cross I got this mare. She had an N/A rating for Vlads, but did have the 80% CB rating needed to keep CB included in the breed determination when crossed. I crossed her with the Suffolk boy I mention earlier and got Proven.

To be honest I didn't expect Proven to be any help. Literally the only part of his eval that was good was body size. I was ready to rehome him, but decided to try some crosses with him anyway because I didn't have anything else to cross my Shire X Percheron mares with. So I bred him with this mare. She's a great-granddaughter of the Shire mare I purchased originally and actually has a decent VHD eval. She's too heavy but everything else is right where it should be. And then somehow the RNG gods smiled upon me and deigned that this "Hail Mary" foal should be perfect in all aspects and bring the age of VHDs to HWO. XD

TL;DR - I pulled some crazy crosses out of my bum and learned to never throw away what appears to be a misfit horse.
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I've temporarily retired Jasmine. She's six years old now with two babies but she can't keep the breed going on her own so she's off to my side for some showing and R&R. :)
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

This is the pasture of all my stallions. Let me know if there is one that will work for your program. $500 a stud fee is what I will charge to anyone else working this program.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/13832
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

I would like to formally introduce everyone to the second Vladimir Heavy Draft on HWO, "Tulip".

⇒ɱρξ⇐ Spring Ahead

Edit 26 Minutes Later
(1.5 months game time)

And another one! Everyone meet "Gloria"!

⇒ɱρξ⇐ For The Glory

I can't take all the credit for Gloria - her sire is Rodeo_Ace's |ЯR| Golden Glory.

Edit 1 Hour Later
(Another 1.5 months game time)

Please allow me to introduce "Julie"

⇒ɱρξ⇐ Project Juice

This beautiful girl is by Rodeo_Ace's stallion .ℵṧ Freak Juice (originally bred by Neon).

And can someone please tell the filly fairy to take a brief vacation. I need a colt. T_T
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

Separate post because he deserves it. Please say 'hi' to "Red"!

⇒ɱρξ⇐ Heavy Potential

He's the very first VHD colt on HWO! I'll do my best to get him breedable quickly for you guys. ;)
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Raikit wrote:Separate post because he deserves it. Please say 'hi' to "Red"!

⇒ɱρξ⇐ Heavy Potential

He's the very first VHD colt on HWO! I'll do my best to get him breedable quickly for you guys. ;)

Yes!!!!!!!!!
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

Red is available for breeding! Any players on the Recognized Breeders list are eligible for a discount on his fee. PM or ping me when you would like to use him and I'll set you up. :) (His unapproved fee is $4000, but approved breedings are $750.)

⇒ɱρξ⇐ Heavy Potential
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

UPDATE:

Thanks to Raikit I now have a small start to part of my program. There will be another line of VLAD's available soon. :)

I'm still working on my line, and am slowly making process. Is anyone else working on VLAD's still?
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Riverside Grade Program -

I'm building a line of Grade horses with high stats for VLADs. They will help in the long run to add new blood and bring COI down. Each stallion will be posted when he is old enough for $500.

This pasture contains my Grade fillys, as of this moment none of them are for sale. I'm still building the herd, but I will begin posting the girls that are for sale when the time comes.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/28579
Current Grade Stallions:
|ЯR| Handsome Challenge

VLAD: 3/4 - 3* (Overall 4)
|ЯR| Atomic Possibilities

VLAD: 3/4 - 3* (Overall 4)
Last edited by Rodeo_Ace on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:16 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:16 pm