Community Forum

Przewalski Horse

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
DaringFlaring
Visit My Farm

Re: Przewalski Horse

Post by DaringFlaring »

Kayaine wrote:I have decided to make the Przewalski my main breed. I have an entire foundation line already bred if anyone needs a good stud. Currently, I am working on a line of black przewalski, and then other colored, palomino, chestnut, buckskin, silvers, ect.
One of my old horses (who has died now) named Patricia was a black Przewalski Horse. She was my third horse in the game!
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

Hey there! Wanted to let folks know I plan on working on a Przewalski line with higher stats - especially movement! - via outcrossing. :) It won’t be easy, but I’ll post ads when looking for studs for the project.
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

I'm baaaack! I've got PLENTY of good Przewalski crosses up for sale! Breeding towards purebred now, these beauties no longer fit with my project. PLENTY of color, pattern, and gold/green stats!
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 15&t=12907
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

Just put a few of high % Przewalski crosses up for sale! All around 40k HGP.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 15&t=13387
horselover0414#2
Visit My Farm

Post by horselover0414#2 »

hi
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Hello! I'm an old player returning with a new account and working on remembering how to play again.

Przewalskis are my favorite breed and one of the foundations for the more complicated breeds I'm going to be working toward. I'm thinking of keeping a healthy little herd of Przewalskis while I continue on to the higher breeds, and would love to be in touch with other fans of the breed. And once I have a larger farm with some room in it, I'll probably be looking for foals or studs to increase the diversity in my collection.

So, it's lovely to meet you all.
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

redster wrote:Hello! I'm an old player returning with a new account and working on remembering how to play again.

Przewalskis are my favorite breed and one of the foundations for the more complicated breeds I'm going to be working toward. I'm thinking of keeping a healthy little herd of Przewalskis while I continue on to the higher breeds, and would love to be in touch with other fans of the breed. And once I have a larger farm with some room in it, I'll probably be looking for foals or studs to increase the diversity in my collection.

So, it's lovely to meet you all.
Welcome! I have a small herd, that has been outcrossed a bit much and I'm probably going to be breeding back to pure and getting some new AC horses to create a more diverse herd later. My original way of doing things hasn't been working out so well, so I'm rethinking my process and trying to come up with a better plan.

I'll probably be making a spreadsheet so I can color code all the stats and see at a glance where I'm at with my herd as it makes breeding and culling so much easier when I can see reds/yellows/whatever as opposed to straight text.

None of my horses are that great either but I'm always open to offering broods or studs to all my horses and can be reached by ping or message.
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Hilayla wrote:
redster wrote:Welcome! I have a small herd, that has been outcrossed a bit much and I'm probably going to be breeding back to pure and getting some new AC horses to create a more diverse herd later. My original way of doing things hasn't been working out so well, so I'm rethinking my process and trying to come up with a better plan.

I'll probably be making a spreadsheet so I can color code all the stats and see at a glance where I'm at with my herd as it makes breeding and culling so much easier when I can see reds/yellows/whatever as opposed to straight text.

None of my horses are that great either but I'm always open to offering broods or studs to all my horses and can be reached by ping or message.
Ah, this is great to hear! And I'm so new to things around here, any advice on how to improve a herd would be hugely appreciated, especially if you're slowly working on a better process. Right now, I would be 90% guessing and would love to skip some mistakes if I can.
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

redster wrote: Ah, this is great to hear! And I'm so new to things around here, any advice on how to improve a herd would be hugely appreciated, especially if you're slowly working on a better process. Right now, I would be 90% guessing and would love to skip some mistakes if I can.

Well, I just finished making a spreadsheet to help with things. It records a numerical value for the BR comments and also the confo scores. It works with the discipline predictor in this thread, and allows me to see how the herd is doing at a glance. Just make a copy of the sheet and then fill it in. I have different tabs for each breed divided in to mares and stallions. If I want to compare for breeding I just copy the row of the horse I want to check and paste into the corresponding tab and remove it (ctrl - Z) when I am done. Usually it's a stallion I'll copy over the mares page and see who he lines up best with.

The Google Sheet can be found here
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Hilayla wrote:Well, I just finished making a spreadsheet to help with things. It records a numerical value for the BR comments and also the confo scores. It works with the discipline predictor in this thread, and allows me to see how the herd is doing at a glance. Just make a copy of the sheet and then fill it in. I have different tabs for each breed divided in to mares and stallions. If I want to compare for breeding I just copy the row of the horse I want to check and paste into the corresponding tab and remove it (ctrl - Z) when I am done. Usually it's a stallion I'll copy over the mares page and see who he lines up best with.
Oh wow! That's so much more detailed than I would have done; thank you very much for sharing. :o

And so when choosing which pairs to breed together, do you just manually compare the stats and try to choose pairs whose numbers might balance each other out, or is there some other method/thought-process you use when pairing them up?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:49 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:49 pm