The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Tarpan

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Tarpan

Post by WILD FLICKA »

Who else breeds these little horses? I have some COI%0 horses. I thought it would be a good idea to have a place for them.
flrancho
Visit My Farm

Re: Tarpan

Post by flrancho »

I breed them currently on my other account (Diskid). Eventually I'll be switching to another breed, but right now Tarpan it is.
Alana
Visit My Farm

Post by Alana »

Picking these up as a means to improve the breeds deriving from them, my ultimate goal is Paso finos but for now the Tarpans need a hand and I got lots of PT to spend
TopazTiria
Visit My Farm

Post by TopazTiria »

I've been breeding a few Tarpans in-between creating new horses for the Hucul, Sumba, and the Dulmen. Planning on getting another Tarpan to improve the breed to an extent.
ShadowDale
Visit My Farm

Post by ShadowDale »

Im working with them a little. I just started and I was hoping to recreate all the breeds leading to Gypsy Vanner as my first major project (I've got too many ideas for future projects). I've got to admit I got a little stuck on Tarpans and am going to stick with them more than I had originally thought- I love the stripes and I adopted a mare with feathered feet, so Im definitely putting a bit of work in with them to get some features I'd like to pass through to Vanners. I'm finding that it may be a little tricky to work though some of the breeds that have very few active. While I hoped to create each breed first, I figured I'd then flesh out my stock with blood from other's bloodlines to keep down inbreeding and improve my stock. But theres few Tarpans and Mongolians for sale or stud and I cant afford to pay money to get a bunch of tokens to adopt them. It'd be nice if there were others interested in this breed like people seem to be with arabians
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

ShadowDale wrote:Im working with them a little. I just started and I was hoping to recreate all the breeds leading to Gypsy Vanner as my first major project (I've got too many ideas for future projects). I've got to admit I got a little stuck on Tarpans and am going to stick with them more than I had originally thought- I love the stripes and I adopted a mare with feathered feet, so Im definitely putting a bit of work in with them to get some features I'd like to pass through to Vanners. I'm finding that it may be a little tricky to work though some of the breeds that have very few active. While I hoped to create each breed first, I figured I'd then flesh out my stock with blood from other's bloodlines to keep down inbreeding and improve my stock. But theres few Tarpans and Mongolians for sale or stud and I cant afford to pay money to get a bunch of tokens to adopt them. It'd be nice if there were others interested in this breed like people seem to be with arabians
I breed them! I also keep their COI at 0 so it will help to keep that down in your stock, I would be happy to sell you my stock once they are ready for sale or let you use my studs.
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

ShadowDale wrote:.
Here is a stud you can use right now. I can let you know when I have more horses.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/891667
Alana
Visit My Farm

Post by Alana »

All of my import stallions are now up for stud, just in case they can be of use to somebody

Satin Lover

Peppered Twinkie

Cinnamon Burn

Onyx Aspen
hikko
Visit My Farm

Post by hikko »

*, I have a hard time finding tarpan with green or gold stats to buy/use as stud....is anyone focusing on bettering this breed?
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

hikko wrote:*, I have a hard time finding tarpan with green or gold stats to buy/use as stud....is anyone focusing on bettering this breed?
I am! This is my best guy, you can breed to him. He is also COI 0.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1096534
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:35 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:35 pm