The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Tarpan

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Re: Tarpan

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Qim wrote:Anyone interested in this filly? She's got a good breeder's report and a gp of 55.908, so I'd rather not rehome her. $500 :)

I'll take her
Qim
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

QuesthavenFarms wrote:I'll take her
Awesome, she's up :)
Qim
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

Be selling this fully trained stallion to someone willing to take him off my hands. Thinking within the 1-2k range.

Nessein
Visit My Farm

Post by Nessein »

Qim wrote:Be selling this fully trained stallion to someone willing to take him off my hands. Thinking within the 1-2k range.

I'm Interested :)

I also started breeding tarpans. I had a few of them when I just started playing and wanted to breed spotted
knabstruppers starting from foundation horses but i definitely don't have enough patience for that :').However. I still own a spotted mongolian stud I bred then.

Now my goal will be to breed high HGP, bay dun spotted tarpans with a 5/5 evaluation :).

Today i bred this handsome little tarpan cross.

HGP: 39,888
No green gold or reds
I think she is buckskin dun appaloosa
Qim
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

Nessein wrote:I'm Interested :)
Very good, bid $1000 and he's yours :)

Seems like an interesting tarpan project, and I wish you luck. Be sure to update us on your progress, too.
Knabstrupper-wise, maybe something you'll get back to in future; usually how it goes :P
Qim
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

Another decent filly up for sale here, $500: Sarina (sold)

Hope ya don't mind me occupying this thread for sales, oops :)
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

Qim wrote:Another decent filly up for sale here, $500: Sarina (sold)

Hope ya don't mind me occupying this thread for sales, oops :)
LOL DW, I've got stuff to sell too! ;) But I'm totally interested if you have any other good purebreds, Qim! I bought one from ya but I'm gonna be needing more since my outcrossing project is breeding back towards purebred!

As such, I've got a BUNCH of Tarpan / Przewalski crosses that no longer fit into my program up for sale! Plenty of pattern, color, and gold/green stats! -> http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 15&t=12907
Qim
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

Ziel wrote:LOL DW, I've got stuff to sell too! ;) But I'm totally interested if you have any other good purebreds, Qim! I bought one from ya but I'm gonna be needing more since my outcrossing project is breeding back towards purebred!
Yeah of course, I'll let you know when I've got something, and won't put them on public sale :)
How's the project coming along?
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

Qim wrote:Yeah of course, I'll let you know when I've got something, and won't put them on public sale :)
How's the project coming along?
Pretty good. ^^ Stats aren't terrible, have still avoided any reds. I'm mainly trying to get to pure, but will be paying closer attention to the stats of my pairings from here on out to try to raise them back up to where they were, since I've mainly been producing "average" horses the closer to pure I get - not much green / gold really. So I want to bring them / their conformation stats back up. :lol:

Conformation wise, 20s to high 30s is pretty normal for most stats, with a couple in the 40s. Speed isn't that great, usually around 18. I have a few studs bookmarked which, if they're still up, will be useful for bringing some higher stats back into the line. But I'll probably just stick to careful selection for now. ;)
Qim
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

Ziel wrote:Pretty good. ^^ Stats aren't terrible, have still avoided any reds. I'm mainly trying to get to pure, but will be paying closer attention to the stats of my pairings from here on out to try to raise them back up to where they were, since I've mainly been producing "average" horses the closer to pure I get - not much green / gold really. So I want to bring them / their conformation stats back up. :lol:

Conformation wise, 20s to high 30s is pretty normal for most stats, with a couple in the 40s. Speed isn't that great, usually around 18. I have a few studs bookmarked which, if they're still up, will be useful for bringing some higher stats back into the line. But I'll probably just stick to careful selection for now. ;)
Sounds great, and yeah, it's a bit of a hassle in the beginning, but you'll get there eventually. I'll put up some other studs as well down the line, to hopefully speed up the process, for everybody :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:23 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:23 am