Community Forum

Andravida

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
StellaSim
Visit My Farm

Andravida

Post by StellaSim »

The Andravida Horse
also known as the Eleia Horse
The Andravida is a breed of horse the originates from Greece. It is an ancient breed currently in danger of extinction, if it is not already. It is rumored that Alexander the Great rode an Andravida into battle. It is a light draft breed, whose ancestors were cavalry horses in ancient Greece. They are a versatile, strong, well built horse.

average height is 14-16hh
Stocky, powerful legs and a deep muscular chest.
[Nonius] X [Anglo-Norman]

Traditional colors are black, bay, dun, chestnut, buckskin, roan, red and palomino.

Physical: Rectangular-shaped head; long ears; straight profile; heavily-set, broad chest; slightly dipped back; well-sloped shoulders; gentle croup and stocky, powerful legs.
**I have also seen pictures of these horses with roman noses which I think look quite cool, especially in game

They are used as riding and working horses. In real life they are not found outside a small island in Greece and are in danger of becoming extinct.

In real life as well, some of these horses were crossed with Arabians to create a lighter version of the breed.
Goals
Overall improvement of the breed

This was the first Andravida horse in the game as far as I can tell. Most (although not all) of the Andravida horses I have now are descended from her.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/595330

I would really love to work together with some people on here to improve this breed!
Last edited by StellaSim on December 25th, 2018, 2:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.
tdinger
Visit My Farm

Re: Andravida

Post by tdinger »

I will be glad to help just need pointed in the right direction
StellaSim
Visit My Farm

Post by StellaSim »

Current Progress

Last edited by StellaSim on December 25th, 2018, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StellaSim
Visit My Farm

Post by StellaSim »

Currently working on building up some of the breeds needed to create this one on my second account, while just maintaining the breed here. I would like the horses on my second account to be "from scratch", with limited additions of outside mares and studs, and outside stock is only added so long as they are comparable to the stats my stock currently have, nothing way better or way worse.

For the horses I'm using on this account, I am using mostly outside stock in an effort to keep the breed stable.
StellaSim
Visit My Farm

Post by StellaSim »

As of now on my second account Graya, I have gotten a couple of the breeds (Mongolian and West African Barb) to start working towards a second line of Andravidas
StellaSim
Visit My Farm

Post by StellaSim »

I haven't been as active on here as I would have liked (life and all) but I wanted to give some updates with my current horses

I haven't done any conformation checks, but am focusing more on the breeder report and overall "look" of the horse.
I'm going for a muscular, well-built horse with thicker legs

Current Andravidas

I've got this stallion with Green Stamina and Gold Intelligence with 53k GP. Legs look a little thin to me but getting there

And this one with Green Balance and gold Intelligence and 54k GP

And thanks to 8arbarossa I know have a lovely Andravida mare with Tiger eye so hopefully I can get that going in my herd soon too.
The "From Scratch" Project
I am trying to create a new line of Andravdias "from scratch" my definition of from scratch being only using adoption center horses as founding stock, I will occasionally make an exception for a horse I find at market as long as BOTH of its parents are from adoption center stock.

I have so far been successful at getting some Mongolians and Exmoor Ponies and have been struggling with getting West African barbs (LOTS of Baldis though).

I am trying to focus on breeding an Andalusian from scratch first, since it shows up in multiple areas of the breed formula and is a necessary early step in some cases as well as necessary in the last step. For this reason I also want to have multiple lines of Andalusians so that when I cross them the COI doesn't get to high. (The GOI of my current Andravidas is creeping towards the 60s and 70s)

I should start trying to breed some foundation stock to have some better traits for what I need from them, but haven't yet.
Last edited by StellaSim on October 15th, 2019, 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

StellaSim wrote:I haven't been as active on here as I would have liked (life and all) but I wanted to give some updates with my current horses
Very Nice update.

I also saw you got a beautifull new 60hgp colt, well done.. must have felt great when your 50HGP stud gives you a 60HGP foal, very nice.

Also very cool and respectable to read that you are making a new line starting with AC horses, i will focus on making some 0 COI WAB for ya, since i read yesterday that someone else was looking for them aswell.

Good luck with your goals, and remember i have nonius and stuff that are only available to you, just ask.
Its so cool that the person that bred the first Andravida is still loyal to her breed!
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
StellaSim
Visit My Farm

Post by StellaSim »

8arbarossa wrote:Very Nice update.

I also saw you got a beautifull new 60hgp colt, well done.. must have felt great when your 50HGP stud gives you a 60HGP foal, very nice.

Also very cool and respectable to read that you are making a new line starting with AC horses, i will focus on making some 0 COI WAB for ya, since i read yesterday that someone else was looking for them aswell.

Good luck with your goals, and remember i have nonius and stuff that are only available to you, just ask.
Its so cool that the person that bred the first Andravida is still loyal to her breed!
Thank you! and yes it does haha, and I haven't forgotten but I'm just very busy with real life stuff (school mostly, its exam season), but I will be reaching out soon!
StellaSim
Visit My Farm

Post by StellaSim »

So I wanted to do a bit of a breed update.

I've realized that my stock have kind of drifted away from the type of horse that I was trying to create in the first place. The Andravida is supposed to be a light draft breed, but I don't think that I've been producing those types very well. I think on the game, these types of horses should aim towards any of the driving disciplines or Cross Country. I like those competitions as well because I think it works well with the breed's history as being a versatile horse.
Average height 14 – 16 hands
Large, strong horse
Unremarkable head
Chest is deep & muscular
Legs are stocky & powerful
First thing I notice about my stock is that I need to get them to bulk up a bit. The main stats and confirmations to focus on should be Strength and Stamina first and foremost, followed closely by balance and agility, and then potentially tempo, movement and intelligence. Speed shouldn't be red, but it is not nearly as important.

If anyone else is breeding them, feel free to share!
Become a Patron!