Community Forum

Belgian Warmblood

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Belgian Warmblood

Post by Fallon »

Belgian Warmblood
Origin: Belgium, 1950s
Popular Traits: Strong limbs, easily maintainable, multi-talented
Common Uses: Dressage, general riding, jumping activities
Height / Weight: 17 hands / 1,300 pounds
Colors: Pinto, tobiano, bay, brown, chestnut, gray
Physical Descriptions: Defined facial features; dark eyes; proportionate back part; medium to narrow chest with well spring ribs; narrow neck without excessive crest; muscular shoulders laid back; sloping and short croup
Creation: [ Thoroughbred x Hanoverian ] x [ Gelderlander x Selle Francais ]
History and Development
"German, French and Dutch horse breeders had been delivering exquisite saddle horses since centuries. However, with the Belgian government’s concern of protecting the bloodlines of the draft horses (Brabant), these breeders were unable to breed the lighter saddle horses, and had to wait until the 1950s.

The Hanoverians and Holsteiners from Germany, and the jumping horses from France and the Netherlands served as the foundation stock of the future Belgian warmbloods. In the meantime, the breeders from Belgium could also selectively breed new bloodlines through studbook selection."
- http://www.horsebreedspictures.com/belg ... -horse.asp

"The Belgian Warmblood horse is the product of decades of selective breeding of Thoroughbreds, Anglo-Arabs and Europe's finest Warmbloods (Hanoverian, Holsteiner, Selle Francais and Dutch) with light agricultural horses. Belgian Warmbloods are making a tremendous impact on the North American sport horse industry."
- http://www.belgianwarmblood.com/about/index.shtml

"While other countries had warmblood horses for quite some time, Belgium did not create the Belgian Warmblood Horse until the 1900s. This is because the government had sought to protect the purity of Belgium’s draft horse, the Brabant. They essentially banned all breeders from developing any horses that would be used under saddle.

However, the increased interest in riding horses recreationally, as well as the increased mechanization in the 1950s, changed things. The government relaxed its restrictions upon breeders, and the Belgian people were finally able to catch up with the warmblood breeders in other countries.

Because Belgium did not have any saddle breeds that were developed there, breeders throughout the country had to import the best mares and stallions from several different equine breeds. However, they did lean towards Holsteiners, Hanoverians, and other medium weight horses instead of using light performance horses like Thoroughbreds and Arabian horses. This is because their goal was to create a warmblood breed that would be an exceptional jumping horse, with dense bones, strong quarters, and powerful limbs, instead of a horse that was built for speed, with delicate limbs.

Generally, these attractive horses will feature a muscular yet compact body, along with good depth. There should be a deep chest, sturdy hooves, and strong legs and quarters. The head should be handsome and well carried, and the feet should be large and sound.

These horses will also have facial features that are defined, along with a pair of dark eyes. The chest will be narrow to medium, and there will be well sprung ribs. The neck will be narrow as well, without excessive crest, and the shoulders will be muscular and laid back. The croup should be short and sloping, and the back will be proportionate to the rest of the body.

The Belgian Warmblood Horse can feature all of the equine colors. These include spotted and broken colors, but because of the breeding history of these animals, they will almost always feature solid colors instead.

Common coat colors amongst Belgian Warmblood horses include brown, chestnut, black, gray, and bay, as well as pinto and tobiano."
- http://www.petguide.com/breeds/horse/be ... ood-horse/

8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Re: Belgian Warmblood

Post by 8arbarossa »

GREAT POST!
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Fallon »

Studs Available
ƑƐ Sire

$5,000

Pending (waiting for breeding age):
ƑƐ Star Spangled
Last edited by Fallon on May 19th, 2017, 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Fallon »

Current Directory of Breeders
Fallon (me) - Flawless Ease
Last edited by Fallon on May 15th, 2017, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Hi, i cant sent you a pm, so i hope you see this message. Could i please buy the foal of the mare you just bought?? Please
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Fallon »

8arbarossa wrote:Hi, i cant sent you a pm, so i hope you see this message. Could i please buy the foal of the mare you just bought?? Please
Sure, I'll ping you when her foal comes out.
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Fallon »

8arbarossa wrote:ping
Her foal's out, http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/805259. Shall I put him up?
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

yes please
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Fallon »

8arbarossa wrote:yes please
He's up.
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Got him.. i happy with him, thanks for the great price, U R the best.. tnx again
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Become a Patron!