The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Yanqi ♞

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Yanqi ♞

Post by 8arbarossa »

Yanqi

Origin : China (Xianjiang Autonomous Region)

Aptitudes : Riding, farm work, draft

Height : 13 to 14 h.h.

Creation : [ Russian Don x Orlov Trotter ] x Przewalski Horse

History

Found in Yanqi and other countries in the northern Xianjiang Autonomous Region, the Yanqi breed was based on Mongolian horses brought into the area by Mongols during the 13th century and again in the 18th centrury. Later, breeds such as the Don and Orlov Trotter were used to improive the breed.

There are two types found in the Yanqi breed today, known as Basin and Mountain horses.
The Basin type is light; the Mountain type tends to be coarser.

The Yanqi breed is of medium weight and suitable for riding. The head is dry with a straight profile. The eye is large and well opend, the ear is set up, the jaw is wide; the neck is of medium length and straight.

Game adaptation

History tells us the Yanqi was bred out of Mongolian Horses, although the game indicate that you need a Przewalski. Ofcourse the Mongolian Horse is bred out of [ Przewalski Horse x Tarpan ] x Tarpan, therefor perhaps we can say that the origin of the mongolian is przewalski and thats why the game makers used this combination.

Ingame evaluation for Yanqi

Height Mature Range 11.3hh to 13.0hh
Build Light to Medium
Body Size 0% to 15%
Type 65% Horse Type to 65% Pony Type

The way to breed a Yanqi

When i started playing the game all i wanted to breed was a great konik horse, so i needed some przewalski's.
While breeding the przewalski's i got to learn to play the game a bit so i gave myself the challenge to breed a horse that wasn't bred before. The Yanqi was related to the Przewalski, so that was gonna be my first goal.

The first weeks i tried breeding random Orlov trotters and Russian Dons, breed the foal to a przewalski and waited for succes. No succes..
I noticed that the yanqi breed has a very low percentage bodysize and since the przewalski horse doesnt have a small bodysize the Orlov/Don horse should have a very low bodysize percentage to counter the larger bodysize of the przewalski.

So first i need to breed low % bodysize Orlovs and Dons. A lot of horse x horse breeding increases 'horse type percentage' and the yanqi has a horse type percentage of 65% maximum.
So i needed to find ponytype orlovs and dons the improve the chance of creating the new breed.

At the same time i had to get the bodysize of the przewalski down, while keeping the przewalski as a pony type, so counter the horsetypes of the orlov/dons.

It was a long road but finally i got one. Happy as i was i wanted to share the story, so although i just have one Horse i declare myself as the first Yanqi breeder

First Yanqi stallion
Last edited by 8arbarossa on Wed May 24, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Re: Yanqi ♞

Post by 8arbarossa »

Now in 6 Colours

Cremello

Palomino (Dunalino)

Buckskin

Red dun

Bay

Black